height requirements

Wade Shrader

Mouseketeer
I tried to do a search on "height" but had no hits. I thought there was a thread about this a few months ago, but oh, well.

Anyway, we're taking our 4 year old triplets, with my 2 boys having CP. One ambulates some with a walker (37 inches, but sometimes doesn't stand tall!), the other quite well with forearm crutches.

My question is about the height requirements, and how do they measure that for people who aren't able to stand, or in our case, stand completely erect. I realize that some people with mobility issues may choose not to ride some of the more "thrill-type" attractions. But what about the Goofy roller coaster (35 inches) for my kids, or tamer rides like Star Tours or Alien for older folks with mobility issues?

Thanks for the input, and as always thanks for this board! A big part of the Disney experience is the fact that my kids are not treated as "different" at WDW, and all of you help us keep that magic the whole year round!

Wade

[This message was edited by Wade Shrader on 04-15-01 at 03:27 PM.]

Hi, Wade. :)
Here is the link about Height Requirements which I hope is up to date. Barnstormer now has a 36 inch limit which isn't noted on that calculator.

I recommend that you measure before you go, with your child lying down (be honest - it is all about safety!) and let the CMs know that information when you come to the ride.

teri.GIF
DIS disABILITIES Discussion Board FAQ under construction!
"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

That's a good question. My dd can't stand without total support and even then, can't stand tall. She's been on everything except Rock N Roller Coaster, Space Mountain, TMRR and Kali River Rapids. They have taken our word for her height, even for rides where the requirment was 48 inches and I said she was just over 48 inches. I think if it is obvious that your one DS can't stand up straight, they won't make a big deal of it. Especially since Goofy's Barnstormer used to have just an age requirement of 3 years.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter