hello from snowy NL, Canada

I was just scrolling and saw your post. I recently went to NL for the first time and loved it. Wish I had more time to spend there. I was only there for about 48 hours. So beautiful!

Poor puppy. :( Stay warm!

LOL! That snow fell on him in about one minute! I told him to sit to get the picture. (WE had about 3 feet of snowfall. in one day, with near hurricane force winds, yesterday. In those conditions, it doesn't take long to get a bit snowy.

Funny thing is, Hero loves the snow! I have to force him inside periodically as I worry about him in the really cold temperatures. But he is outside whenever I will let him! (As a matter of fact he is outside refusing to come in right now as I type this.)

I had another Newfoundland dog, years ago, before him. She liked to sleep in the snow drifts until she was completely covered with snow and you couldn't tell that she was even there until she moved. I had a lot of trouble getting her inside at all in the wintertime.
I have to sleep with lots of blankets and comforters as I turn the heat off and open the windows in the winter so that the dogs won't overheat in the bedroom during the night!

In the winter with their winter coats Newfs that spend any time outside tend to be too warm when we bring them inside. Their warm double coats are inches deep and thick with their wooly undercoat. He isn't cold in that shot, but he is pouting as he does want to run below and play with our puppy!

Stay safe!
We’re getting a good blast of winter right now. But it’s nothing like you!

Yes, this is turning into a snowy cold winter for us this year. The past 24 hours have been especially wintery!

Is that a dog or a Yeti?

Too Funny!! I believe that you may be right and Hero is part Yeti! He is big enough (180 pounds) and loves the winter! But, he's black under that snow, and aren't yeti's white? So maybe he's a half breed?

I'm thinking of you all. We're in the deep-freeze but you're literally "snowed under". Take care. :flower3:

We have gotten snow yesterday into today, but my goodness nothing like you all. The pictures are awful, really awful. I really hope there are not too many tragedies coming out of there.
Please stay as warm as you can, and safe.

A Newfoundland in Newfoundland? Sounds about right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!