Hello-It'sSmee! A July 2020 "It's Good to Be Bad AND Back" TR *Link to new TR 2/21*

OK, I found you! Can't guarantee I'll be super active, but I've got the Disboards itch again :)

Can't wait to hear about all your adventures :D

Yay! I am so happy to have all of you here! I know I said this in my intro but I really truly love sharing my trips with you guys and not being able to do so - I felt something was missing. My old friends finding me and new friends joining me makes me 😁😁😁

So now without further ado I bring you my first pixiedust:"CruellaNY" TR pixiedust:

Day 1 Part 1: How Many Hours Does It Take to Get To Florida?

I usually don't write much about arrival days since they tend to be boring; and ours wasn't what you'd call fun! We had an 11:40am flight out of Newark on 7/24 so we arrived at the airport 9:15 to find our flight delayed an hour; no huge deal. This was our 2nd time at EWR since the pandemic as the 4 of us went to Universal in June and we were very comfortable there then, and started out being comfortable there this day.

Until they announced our plane was now delayed 2 hours because while the aircraft was there, we had no crew.

WHERE'S THE CREW??? (and thank you @pepperandchips my dear friend for this Minnie mask!)

Because our plane was delayed so long people were arriving for later flights and the terminal was getting crowded which we didn't like so much. Plus there really aren't food options open yet and no alcohol so there's that. But hey at least we got to see the JETS plane!

Which means nothing to this non football fan other than my dad liked the JETS. I prefer the JETS that fought with the SHARKS

And I digress for the first time of many! To make a long annoying story short, we finally boarded the plane around 3:30 so about 4 hours late. I'd texted @Jenny Sanders that we weren't going to get to HS which was our plan and we probably wouldn't make our 7:40 Beaches and Cream, and texted Renee @ArielSRL that we'd hopefully still be able to meet later on! Before we boarded we took a MB shot since we had a little time to do so:

Love my retro band!

And finally we boarded. FYI for those who have not flown yet: Jetblue is not seating middle seats and does require a mask be worn at all times. This plane was not full even with the middle seats empty. You know what else apparently wasn't full? The gas tank, because right after the pilot announced we were next for takeoff we turned around, headed back towards the terminal, and he announced we were being rerouted over Pennsylvania due to a storm that would add 20 minutes on to our flight so we needed more fuel. So we were about to fly to Florida without enough extra fuel for 20 minutes. Like if we had to circle over Orlando or something.

https://gifer.com/en/Nhj9
Eventually we actually left Jersey and arrived in Florida and I tell you, it felt like a breath of fresh air in June being in MCO and it felt even better this time. We grabbed our luggage, grabbed a Lyft, and got from MCO to Beach Club Villas in a record 24 minutes pulling up to the entrance at 7:43, 3 minutes after our dinner reservation! If you don't know, you must at this point do online check in for all TS reservations so we did that as we ran our bags to our room. We had booked a standard view studio but guess what we got?

Yup that's a 1 bedroom baby! We didn't need the room but we'll never turn down an upgrade :thumbsup2 We didn't really see the view from our balcony until the morning but it was pretty neat; we could see the Eiffel Tower and also some of the Skyliner cars going by:

I'll share more room pics later because right now we were just dumping our bags and running down to the restaurant, trying to get there before the "your table is ready" text!

Following along.
Hello and :welcome: it's good to see you! I hope you enjoy my report!
Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!! Glad I stumbled upon this report :)
Hey there! I'm glad you found me too :upsidedow Hope you're doing well and enjoy following along!
OK, I found you! Can't guarantee I'll be super active, but I've got the Disboards itch again :)

Can't wait to hear about all your adventures :D
You DID find me Lindsey, glad you're here :goodvibes It's hard to stay off the Boards when you have a trip planned and I know you do! Hope you guys are well down there; are you back at either job yet?

How frustrating to start your trip with flight delays. The room upgrade helps make up for the delays. It looks like you're going to make it to dinner.

Love my retro band!

I love that one too!

FYI for those who have not flown yet: Jetblue is not seating middle seats and does require a mask be worn at all times.

Good to know. I cancelled our SW flight for October because they changed it to a layover in Baltimore and are offering very few, if any, non-stops from Hartford to MCO. I'm thinking of booking JB since they seem to still offer non-stop for now, but I want to wait until we're closer and see if we're actually going on this trip.

we were next for takeoff we turned around, headed back towards the terminal, and he announced we were being rerouted over Pennsylvania due to a storm that would add 20 minutes on to our flight so we needed more fuel. So we were about to fly to Florida without enough extra fuel for 20 minutes. Like if we had to circle over Orlando or something.

Wow, they didn't just top it off while it was sitting there for four hours??

Yup that's a 1 bedroom baby!

Nice!!

Ugh on the flight/ travel fiascos but yay on the upgrade! Looks gorgeous. We love staying at Yacht Club but I also dream of staying in one of those villas someday or the turret suite ( lottery win needed) 😂😂:cloud9:

And finally we boarded. FYI for those who have not flown yet: Jetblue is not seating middle seats and does require a mask be worn at all times. This plane was not full even with the middle seats empty. You know what else apparently wasn't full? The gas tank, because right after the pilot announced we were next for takeoff we turned around, headed back towards the terminal, and he announced we were being rerouted over Pennsylvania due to a storm that would add 20 minutes on to our flight so we needed more fuel. So we were about to fly to Florida without enough extra fuel for 20 minutes. Like if we had to circle over Orlando or something.
Yikes! Definitely not the best start to your day!
Yup that's a 1 bedroom baby! We didn't need the room but we'll never turn down an upgrade :thumbsup2 We didn't really see the view from our balcony until the morning but it was pretty neat; we could see the Eiffel Tower and also some of the Skyliner cars going by:
Sweet upgrade! Hope dinner at B&C was yummy!

Hey there! I'm glad you found me too :upsidedow Hope you're doing well and enjoy following along!
I’m doing great ~ we finally have a trip booked that I think we we actually get to take (Labor Day weekend). After seeing your Facebook posts, my sister and I were kicking ourselves for canceling our July trip. ::yes::

I hate airport delays, ugh!
Nice to get an upgrade to a 1 bedroom
I bought Andi the retro magic band, she loves it.
Good timing to make your dining reservations.

Loving your TR so far! I found the link on the Sept. or the BC/YC thread and was intrigued with the Smee- that's my DH's nickname since high school. Looking forward to reading more!

I love that you got an upgrade but I really hope that doesn't happen to us (unless they go all the way up to a 2 bed!) because my kids don't want to share a bed!

I prefer the JETS that fought with the SHARKS
I love West Side Story. :)
Because our plane was delayed so long people were arriving for later flights and the terminal was getting crowded which we didn't like so much.
The crowds would make us very nervous. We went to IKEA on a Sunday afternoon and the crowded store made us very uncomfortable even though mask compliance was good.
Yup that's a 1 bedroom baby!
It isn't as good as the Roy Disney suite but it a very nice upgrade. We have stayed in a 2br BVC three times and always loved it. :)
We had an 11:40am flight out of Newark on 7/24 so we arrived at the airport 9:15 to find our flight delayed an hour;
That is a really long day. You must have been tired and hungry.

I haven't been checking in around here in a while because it's super sad knowing I can't go to Disney anytime soon...but I came here hoping to find a TR from your trip :rainbow:. So excited to come across it! Glad you finally got to go back.

Because our plane was delayed so long people were arriving for later flights and the terminal was getting crowded which we didn't like so much. Plus there really aren't food options open yet and no alcohol so there's that. But hey at least we got to see the JETS plane!

No food and no booze?! :guilty:

Y57W6XU

You had me laughing at your preferred Jets. You know I’m not a sports fan but I do think those themed planes are neat.

That one bedroom villa is gorgeous! I was telling R when we were at Riviera that Disney would earn a lot of goodwill if, during this weird time, they upgraded everyone up a room category! But I guess they can’t for people who are already booked in grand villas and such. We definitely saw a lot of studios occupied at RR, so you got lucky getting bumped up to that lovely one bedroom!!!

:wave2: So happy I stumbled on this trip report! I can't wait to read all about your adventures. Our back up plan is to stay at the Beach Club Villas if our cruise gets canceled in November, but if Storm-Along Bay is not open, we will switch our reservation to somewhere else. We will have four little kids who need a fun pool (without the scary clown staring at them)! :joker:

I did not realize that Epcot was that close to the villas! What a great view!

Hi and Welcome to the DisBoards!!! My name is Kari and in a very strange twist of fate you appear to have a photo of me in your introduction. So weird that we must have been walking around Epcot at the same time and I was accidentally captured in your husbands picture. That said I would like to respectfully request that you remove said photo as I am very shy and do not like my picture to be online, especially with strangers, on the internet. Other than that it's really nice to meet you and have a magical day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!