hello

jem44

Earning My Ears
It's so nice to see that you have a DLP forum as I'm planning to go here for my husbans's 40 b day next year, after the children and I had a very enjoyable day trip here in Jan. Though I wouldn't recommend going for the day from Yorkshire, we enjoyed the day, but not the 24hrs traveling there and back by coach. The Kids say they never want to go on a coach again.

Jem

Hi Jem :)

What time of year is your DHs birthday?

I am afraid I cannot bear coaches (give me travel sickness) - sorry if this is anyone's preferred transport or their only option - but I am interested in what other choices you have ...we had someone in chat from Yorkshire and we discussed this very topic - I'll PM them and ask them to post.

Hi Jem from another Yorkshire lass.

We've always driven to DLP, but saying that usually combining a visit with our main holiday in France.

We wnet across in October just to visit DLP but stayed off site.
We drove down to Dover in the afternoon & spent the night in a Travel-lodge there. And then crossed to Calais the next morning.
This is the first time we'd done this as we'd only 2 of our 3 children with us & therefore all fitted into one family room. I thought the £42( I think) the room cost was a bargain & would do it again.

The drive from Calais to DLP is all motorway & very easy, though do make sure you have a good map.

When we came home we did it all in one day, & that's with just one driver.

Staying on site . We've only ever stayed at Camp Davy Crockett, for which you must have a car . But our 3 love it there & its only minutes away from the parks.

By the way my DH would never , ever go that far by coach.

Sue

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

MyTravel have a new option, in conjunction with Leger Holidays, flying to Paris Beauvais airport from Birmingham, with all transfers from Beauvais to DLP. If you are not too far from Birmingham, I';d say this was worth looking at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!