Hello!

Shinrai

Mouseketeer
This looks like the place for introductions. I have been reading the boards for several months, but just recently started to post. I thought I should introduce myself. :wave2:

I'm new to the Disney World experience. My girls and I are Disneyland Annual Passholders. We do a 10 hour drive to those parks, so we aren't weekenders, and we go a few years between AP's, but when we have our AP's we always do a couple trips and make the most of them! This past spring we had our biggest trip planned. We've never stayed at a Disney Resort hotel but this time we booked the Grand Californian! It was also our first time going for the Food & Wine Festival, and we planned our trip around that. We spent weeks pouring over F&W menus, strategizing, watching resort videos, and getting excited.

The day we were supposed to leave for our trip was the day the Disneyland parks closed. We rebooked for April... then we rebooked for June. Disneyland announced they would reopen in July, so we rebooked for August and started making new plans. When August came and DLR was still closed, we rebooked for the end of October with no real optimism that the trip would happen.

Two weeks ago we realized that DWR had started ticket sales again. Disney World has always been a "some day..." trip for us. How about now? We tossed around the idea for a little while, found a sweet deal on airline tickets, and took the dive! We've booked a 12 day split stay at CBR & CR. (figured if we're flying, we're making the most of it!) We're also big Harry Potter fans, so we're planning to see Universal while we are there. We were SO excited to learn that Epcot is still doing a F&W festival, because we had planned our original trip specifically for the DLR F&W! We have Disneyland strategies down to an art, and are happily scrambling to learn how things work at Disney World resorts. :D

Admittedly, we are a bit stressed. We're used to avoiding lines with a Max Pass system, so we're adjusting our expectations now that crowds are picking up. There is always the worry of getting sick, but my older daughter and I are both healthcare workers, so we're not new to the threat of exposure. Our biggest worry is that something will pop up that would interfere with our trip. But... :confused3 we just have no control over it, so we're pouring over posts and blogs, and watching resort and park videos, and trying to let ourselves get excited again for a big Disney trip of many firsts!:stitch:

Most of all, I'm enjoying these boards, and love reading everyone's questions and answers and trip experiences. You guys are fantastic! :flower3:

Hello. We had a spring trip to WDW cancelled so are planning for this fall also. Have only visited Disneyland once and that was before California adventure, so would love to go back.

Hello. We had a spring trip to WDW cancelled so are planning for this fall also. Have only visited Disneyland once and that was before California adventure, so would love to go back.

I totally recommend it! California Adventure started off a little bumpy, but with Cars Land and Pixar Pier it has grown into a fantastic park. And Grizzly Rapids has always been there, but never gets old! It's my personal favorite so far.

Yes! WDW is a great experience. We go at least twice a year, but haven’t been back since late February. In 3 weeks we are going back and staying at Yacht club for the first time. I could not be more excited. My wdw advice is use the skyliner as much as possible which should be easy at CBR. The bus system is not super efficient. If you can score at reservation at Topolino’s do it!

Hello and Welcome. Did you make park reservations for WDW? Also, if you plan o any TS/ADR, you must make them.

I am sure you know there are lot's of cuts right now - no fireworks, no parades, no concerts, etc. As long as you know what to expect, you will be okay.

We had trips cancelled too early in the year. We have decided to keep our plans for next month. We know it won't be the "usual/preCOVID" trip but that's okay. We have been so many times and know we will be back. My only concern is we are hoping crowds are still low and obviously, we don't get sick. We did not get sick here at home, would hate to get sick now. We will take extra precautions too.

We normally don't spend a lot of time at the parks - with the cut backs and limited hours, we might spend less, more or the same time at the parks. We shall see.

Happy planning.

Hello and Welcome. Did you make park reservations for WDW? Also, if you plan o any TS/ADR, you must make them.

I am sure you know there are lot's of cuts right now - no fireworks, no parades, no concerts, etc. As long as you know what to expect, you will be okay.

We had trips cancelled too early in the year. We have decided to keep our plans for next month. We know it won't be the "usual/preCOVID" trip but that's okay. We have been so many times and know we will be back. My only concern is we are hoping crowds are still low and obviously, we don't get sick. We did not get sick here at home, would hate to get sick now. We will take extra precautions too.

We normally don't spend a lot of time at the parks - with the cut backs and limited hours, we might spend less, more or the same time at the parks. We shall see.

Happy planning.

We've got our days reserved and we have waaaay too many dining reservations. LOL We actually managed to get all of our top choices and some of our backup choices there. And, we're actually okay with the idea of some things not being available right now. We are park people and foodies, for sure. The shows and fireworks would be a nice option to have, but everything is new to us at the Orlando parks so even with some things not available we are still finding ourselves making choices on what to see and what to save for next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!