Help....11:00AM flight or 3:28 flight?

addie

Mouseketeer
After leaving the ship on Sunday (back from the 3 night cruise) could I make an 11am flight, or should I schedule the 3:28PM?

Those are my only choices.

thanks!

I'd personaly try for the earlier, also something I just found out last week at MCO, southwest will not take your bags earlier than 4 hours before your flight. Ours was at 5:25 and we got to MCO at 9:45, so our bags were like a ball and chain until 1:30, not at all fun.

That would be one thing I'd look at. I'd probably go with the later flight. 11:00 seems tight to me. There is an 11:20 option return for us based on the published schedule but DCL put us on a 1:10 flight.

My thought is if they are too nervous to use the earlier time I wouldn't try it either.

Just my thoughts.

Deb

Under normal circumstances, you should have no problem making the 11 AM flight. You can usually get off the ship by 7:30 AM; and, assuming you move quickly, you can get to the airport by around 9 AM. HOWEVER, you will be at greater risk of missing your flight if there is any delays with clearing Customs, roadway congestions, vehicle problems, misplaced luggages, inclement weather, etc...

We had a 10:55am flight on Southwest after the 5/10 Western. As MFan said, you can make it if everything goes OK. We were off the ship and in the car by 8:15am. We didn't feel rushed. The line at Southwest wasn't to bad and we were checked in and at the gate well before 10:00am.

Ken

We were also on the 5/10 and used Disney transfers. We were flying American and were able to check our bags at the port. Got on a Disney bus that left a few minutes later. We were in the airport by 9:30.

A few words of caution. 1) if you have to check you bags at the airport that means 2 lines to go through. We only had to go through security. 2) We were at the lower security level (it went higher a few days later. This can effect both when you get off the ship and how long it takes to go through security. 3) If DCL is late in docking for any reason you run the risk of that as well.

Only you know how much risk you can take. Also don't know how felxible your airline is. In Feb. we had a 1:15 flight out on American but when we went to check our bags at the port I asked about an earlier flight (the 11:30) and we were able to get on with no problem (and no extra cost). This was on a Thursday. When we were checking in last Saturday I heard the person in front of us asking to do the same thing, but the 11:30 flight was full. You might want to book the later and see if you can get on an earlier flight.

I wouldn't take the chance, but then again I am a nervous wreck and worrier until I am safe at home again. With my luck, there would be a holdup and I wouldn't make the flight or my bags wouldn't make it. But that's just me.

Go for the later flight. You won't feel rushed and you can enjoy your breakfast onboard ship and then head back. That allows you some time for one last trip through Downtown Disney or Character Warehouse before heading to the airport!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter