Help a dance-dad out

Solfe

Mouseketeer
My kids belong to a dance academy that has a trip to Disney. The trip includes a day long seminar and a performance at Disney Springs. Has anyone hear of such a thing? This sounds like a totally different experience than a vacation, so can any one tell me what to expect?

The dates are Nov. 8 and 9th for the Disney events, but we are staying until the 12th.

My cousin & his family just attended something like this at Disney.
I would definitely say they considered it a vacation.
His daughter is a sophomore & she had to be present/available for practices, performances & as a troupe, they spent time in the parks.
They also spent time in the parks as a family.
I’m not sure how old your kids are but if they are younger, they may require a parent be present during all the dance stuff.

Yes - I did that with my dancers.
Who is the organizing group? (We did our performances with Dance the World, but there is also Dance the Magic)

Happy to answer any questions.

Yes - I did that with my dancers.
Who is the organizing group? (We did our performances with Dance the World, but there is also Dance the Magic)

Happy to answer any questions.

It's Stages Dance Academy, Depew NY. A smallish outfit, maybe 150, 200 dancers tops including adults, who aren't participants.

My kids are 14 and 15, I would expect to be if not on hand, in the immediate area for whatever they are doing. I have 17 year old who isn't a dancer, so maybe my wife or I would take him around a park while the younger two are in the learning portion.

I meant, who is the organizing company? Or is it direct through Disney Performing Arts program?

Er... I'm a dance dad. I don't have that much information. I recently found out that people look at you funny if you help your daughter put on ballet slippers with a shoehorn and all of the women there will tell your wife it happened, even if it might not have happened. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter