• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help about new AP DDE deal???

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
OK, this sounds great. I think we'll get three trips off this. But, I would need to order ASAP.

I need some help!

First, if my AP expires in June 2005, I can still use it next January 2006 w/o an AP? If not, what if I buy another AP? Could I still use it for our third trip that month?

Two, I'm correct in that if I need it for an early February trip they can send me a letter instead to use since the cards might not be here yet?

Three, I already have PSs for February. Will I need to call for all of them and add that I have a DDE card or do I just show up at my PSs and then show the card?

Four, I just booked CRT this morning for April and paid a deposit. What would I do in that instance?

AND LAST! What about the meal plan? Is it still rumored to be something that might happen for DVC members, too? Which would be the better deal?

THANKS!

Shan, I really can't answer about whether you'll need to have an active AP to contiue to use a non-resident DDE - there are posts stating YES and posts stating NO, so that is a wait and see.

If you need it sooner than 4 to 6 weeks, let them know when you order it, they will send you a confirmation email or fax.

Never having had a DDE prior to this, I can only answer from previous experience. Often, after we are seated from a regular PS, the server has asked if we'll be using DDE or a DIning Package Plan (we never have). From that, I am assuming you simply let your server know prior to ordering.

CRT - I have no idea, ask when yu call about the DDE.

DVC Dining - we've heard rumors, but nothing comcrete. This AP DDE perk took everyone by surprise - so don't rely on rumors. If in fact the meal plan can be applied to DVC in the future it may or may not be good for every member. With the DDE you don;t have to "Pig-Out" at the dinner meal to get your moneys worth, but can some nice sit-down lighter meals during the day. The MYW plan would limit you to 1-counter meal 1-snack and 1-table service. With the DDE, I can have a table service breakfast and dinner. I am not forced into a certain "dining habit" where I'd have to order an appetizer AND entree AND dessert all at one sitting.

We have used our DDE card often, and only had to show a FL driver's license a few times.
But esp if the DDE card useage will be more abundant ;) servers may ask for proper ID more often.
Technically, without ID being shown, anyone could use the DDE card.
I always lay my card on the table before the server comes. That way they know to discount the meal. And if there are any questions (and there has been) I know of them up front.
At one WDW restaurant not long ago the CM server had never even heard of the DDE card. They thought it was a credit card.
Servers are becoming better educated on the DDE card. It use to be I rarely had any drink doscounted. Now it happens almost all the time.

You may be better just calling with your questions and getting the answers direct from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter