Help!!!Anxiety!!!

Figment56

DIS Veteran-Imagination, Imagination, a dream can
Ok, our numbers are counting down to less than three weeks and my anxiety has returned! Once I get to WDW, I am okay, but I get really anxious before we leave.
Factor 1: I HATE FLYING!
Factor 2: I hate leaving my cats, although I know they are good care by my MIL
Factor 3: Hate leaving my house (fire, storms, you get the picture)
Factor 4: I HATE FLYING!

Does anyone have any advice on calming my nerves? I don't drink, so that is out of the question.
Help!!!

I went to the Dr and got a perscrtiption for anxiety.
I only took it when the feeling got overwhelming.
Ask for a very low dose..
I took Ativan and it really helped,

Thanks so much! I can feel my knees starting to shake already. I also get my family so wound-up that we fight the last few days before vacation and that isn't any fun! I should call tomorrow and see if he will give me anything!

I know I think we will forget to pack something, so I created a packing list. I even print it out for the kids, as they now pack their own suitcase. This reduces a lot of stress as I check off each item and we are not reminding each other about packing stuff at the last minute.

I don't think you are alone when it comes to all those feelings. It is stressful getting ready for a vacation and thinking about all the things that could go wrong. Try to relax and focus on what you will do when you get there, I always try to write out a list of things I want to do while at WDW, it help keep my mind busy. Dramamine, the regular, not the non-drowsy sometimes knocks the edge of flying for me, plus it would calm any upset in the tummy from flying and anxiety.

Good luck and breath deeply!!!!

Kathleen :grouphug:

Well, I'm not usually the worrying type and I guess it's because I do two things - one is that I try to plan for the unexpected (eg leave all the required numbers and information with cat sitters, house sitters etc) and two is because I've learned not to fret or worry about things that are out of my control. Now I have to say that life experiences helped me to achieve the second one - as I used to worry more than I do now - but basically, it's good to look at things and ask - what can I control, what can't I control - and then plan for the former and then either let the things you can't control go, or change your plans to avoid them.

And just curious - but what about when you are on vacation - do you still worry about what is happening at home and the trip back, or have you let it go by then?

Thank you all for being so nice! I have tears in my eyes from reading this (and thinking about our vacation)! I find as I get older, I tend to be more frightened of things. Twenty years ago, I wouldn't have batted an eyelash, now I just want to cry and stay home. It helps to know that I am not alone in these feelings! :grouphug:

I will call home periodically to make sure things are okay, but I usually have a great time until I think about packing up and getting back on the plane!

Jack Daniels

The most dangerous part of the trip..... to/from the airport. I use to live close to O'hare and had a scanner. I remember a pilot say while on approach talking to the tower. "Now for the most dangerous part of the trip, the drive home"!!!

Figment56 said:
Thank you all for being so nice! I have tears in my eyes from reading this (and thinking about our vacation)! I find as I get older, I tend to be more frightened of things. Twenty years ago, I wouldn't have batted an eyelash, now I just want to cry and stay home. It helps to know that I am not alone in these feelings! :grouphug:

Oh, wow. I'm pretty much the opposite. My sister surprised me a few months ago by saying that she always thought of me as the confident, brave one (and she's the organized one).

Maybe you need to get in touch with that inner child that was braver. :goodvibes Remember who she was and bring her out more. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter