Help!! Anyone Out There Taking Xenical??

disneychic

DIS Veteran
As I've written on these boards quite a few times, I am a survivor of the attacks on WTC on 9/11. It's been a LONG road to recovery for me via therapy and paxil (for the post traumatic stress syndrom) anyway, I am happy to say that my doctor has weened me off the paxil, but much to my dismay I have gained 25 lbs since Sept. 11th. Some due to paxil, but I'm sure mostly do to the stress, etc.... Anyway my doctor has perscribed Xenical to help me lose the unwanted poundage. Is anyone taking this? Will it really help me speed up the weight loss? I guess I didn't realize how out of control the weight gain became, etc. because of all the other things I was dealing with. Does anyone have any success stories regarding this drug? I just want to lose this 25 pounds and be done with it. I'm sick of taking medication. HOw long will it take to lose 25 pounds?? HELP!! I need some advice!

Personally, I wouldn't recommend taking any drugs to lose weight. If you read through some of our success stories here on this board, as well as go to some other encouraging diet websites (my favorite is http://www.lowcarbfriends.com) you will get enough encouragement to do it on your own without drugs!

I'm on Atkins and have lost 50 pounds (50 more to go!). I would suggest just cutting back your sugars and carbs and getting some regular exercise. You will be surprised how good you start feeling, and how the pounds start coming off!

Good luck! :D

In the beginning I lost weight quickly, about 15 lbs. After about two weeks, the weight loss slowed dramatically. And I got headaches everytime I forgot to take it. Also, in the beginning if you have a lot of fat in your system you could have some embarassing accidents. I felt like I was not in control of my body. I would not recommend it. You can get better results with doing a low carb diet and exercising.

If you are concerned that you can't do it without some help (which is a-ok),There are way better drugs to take. Xenical does a number on your body, and it isn't the most comfortable thing. I was on a low level hunger supressent (I can't remember the name off hand) for the first month of my weight loss program. It gave me a jump start and helped me deal with hunger while I was re-learning how to eat. After the first month, I stopped taking it, mostly because I felt I could do it on my own. Also, most of these types of drugs have a very limited time they are effective. If you take them every day, they only work really well for about 3 weeks. I was taking it every other day, and they probably would have worked for about 5 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter