Help! Ap Discount Or Aaa Discount Better For Sept.?

tinkerrn

Needing 'pixie dust'!!
very confused!! Will be going to wdw in sept for 10 nights. planning to get married and honeymoon there also. question is, is it better to book room only then get MYW passes or just buy AP. we are not interested in the dinning options, just want the hopper pass and able to go to water parks.

would appreciate any information! :earsgirl:

Well last year I guess was the first time there was an AP rate for Sept and the previous year not.

Its a waiting game for AP discounts and not guaranteed while right now you can book a discount with AAA. I have already for October and November.

You have to do the math. If you aren't going to be coming back in a years time then go with the MYW tickets. If you are it might be beneficial to get the AP, it just takes a little bit of math to see which would be better.

If you aren't interested in the dining package at all, I'd recommend booking room only with the AAA discount now. Go ahead and secure a discount while you know one is available. Don't buy your passes just yet...sit tight and wait to see what happens with the AP codes. MOST of the time, there are AP discounts, and historically they are a good bit better than the AAA discount but that isn't a guarantee. If you have a room only reservation, you can change to an AP code if one is available and it is a better deal for you.

Since you aren't worried about dining, you don't have to purchase your tickets now. You can wait for a while and see what happens. You can get the advance purchase price on tickets with ordering them any time before you arrive. You can order them and have them held at guest relations then just pick them up when you get there and you won't pay any shipping charge or anything on them.

Usually AP rates (when available) offer more of a discount than AAA. However, AAA rates are already available for Sept.

The good news is that you don't need an AAA card or an Annual Pass at the time you book your room. You only need to show them at check-in.

So, here's what I do. I book the room at the AAA rate. I keep an eye out for AP discounts and when they are released, I call to try and get the AP rate. You might try going through Dreams Unlimited -- they will try to get you an AP rate automatically, if you request it, when they are released. That would let you not have to worry about when AP rates will be released.

If you end up only getting the AAA rate, buy an AAA card before your trip. If you get the AP rate, purchase an AP before or during your trip.

If you end up getting an AP, you may want to look into getting a Disney Dining Experience card. It costs $50 and is available only to Florida residents and AP holders. You get 20% off many sit-down restaurants and a few counter service places in WDW. You do need to have an AP voucher in hand before ordering a DDE card. Here is a link to discounts offered for AP holders and DDE card holders: http://allearsnet.com/pl/discounts.htm

I hope this helps!

EthansMom (and Molly's too)

You will need to figure out how much you will use your AP to see if it is worth it. You are talking about also using the water parks, so you would need a PAP which is an extra $100 or so.

Sounds like MYW will be cheaper for you, since you'd need 2 premium annual passes. But as others have said, you can wait and see on buying passes.

Get AAA now, if it's available for your dates. That way you'll at least have something if there are no general public discounts available closer to september, and you decide not to get the PAPs.

In sept 2002 we had either an AP or general public discount. I can't remember which. But it was better than AAA. We already had annual passes and took another trip 6 months later as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!