Help- AP renewal vs vacation package

meclark3

Earning My Ears
I’m not sure where to post as it fits multiple threads.

We have a vacation planned for February 7-12 (traveling for a conference so the dates are set). Traveling with 3 generations and in a 2 br villa. My annual pass expires January 30 (extended from September 5). I’ve currently got a RO reservation but am considering switching to a vacation package for more cancellation flexibility. I think AP discounts only apply to RO, not vacation packages, at least that’s what the CM told me last week.

I intended to renew my pass, but I’m not keen to spend the money if the new pass expires on my “anniversary date”. Any extension due to Covid would be completely negated If I renew a pass that ends up only being good for an additional 8 months. I’ve looked to see if I can renew now but MDE says I’m not within my renewal window. Are renewals even currently happening? I’ve seen that new AP‘s are not being sold.

My DH is sick of my Disney chatter so any advice would be greatly appreciated, 😂

Your renewal date would be based on the new anniversary date (January) not the pre-COVID one.

Do you plan to go to WDW again within the next year (so prior to January 2022)? If so, you should renew. ONLY renewals are occurring for APs, no new purchases. See if you can apply the cost of the vacation package tickets to the renewal (I believe you can renew up to 30 days after expiration) because who knows when APs will go on sale again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!