• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

! Help ! BC 6 nights free ddp or split stay BC / GF CL ??

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
I have limited time to make this decision:

I can either stay at the BC with the free ddp for 6 nights, or I can do a split stay club level GF (sugarloaf) for 3 nights and BC deluxe club level for 3 nights.

I'd like to add that I have a 5 year old and a 1 year old and I'm not sure how the 1 year old will do in restaurants.

My mom and I have always wanted to stay at the GF and I want to stay at the BC for the pool for my kids as well.

We'll save about $600 doing this BUT of course will have to buy food without the ddp.

What should I do?

We changed our garden poly free dining for GF sugar loaf. It is not often you get GF for this price. We figured that we still can do 4 character meals and still save a few dollars versus poly free dining (we aren't big eaters) . We have stayed club level at other resorts and like having the lounge to relax in and the convenience of snacks and drinks.

We changed our garden poly free dining for GF sugar loaf. It is not often you get GF for this price. We figured that we still can do 4 character meals and still save a few dollars versus poly free dining (we aren't big eaters) . We have stayed club level at other resorts and like having the lounge to relax in and the convenience of snacks and drinks.

Thanks for your reply!!! Question: do you get bottled water to take with you from the lounge? Also, what times do they serve? I want to make sure we aren't in the parks during all of the service times.

Thanks!

You used to be able to get bottles of water for the parks, but I don't think they do that anymore. Last fall at Boardwalk the only water they had was large glass bottles of Evain. You can typically get cans of soda and in some lounges bottles of milk.

I don't know the exact times of offerings, but something like 7-10 is continental breakfast, 11:30-2 snacks, 5-7 hot appetizers, veggies, cheese, etc., 8-10 desserts. I wouldn't rush back from the parks for the food, but we find that they are good times for breaks since we have a toddler.

I would switch your reservation so you can at least have a few days of staying Club Level at the Grand Floridian. Also the lounges have stopped putting out bottles of water, however they know have one huge glass bottle which they keep in a bucket of ice that's in the lounge. Although if you ask the Cast Members they might be able to give you an extra one to keep in your room. Finally here is a list of what times the various foods are served in the lounge.

Cast Member services desk: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM.

Coffee: 6:30 AM - 10:00 PM.

Continental Breakfast: 7:00 AM - 10:30 AM.

Refreshments: 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM.

Appetizers, wine and cheese selections: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM.

Cordials and Desserts: 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM.

Thank you! I took your advice. Now we are booked 1 night at BWI concierge, 3 nights BC standard, and 3 nights at GF concierge (sugarloaf). I'm so excited! We have the DxDDP for the 3 nights at BC so we can use our credits through the first day at GF before they expire. By then we will probably not want to even look at food, anyway!

I would switch your reservation so you can at least have a few days of staying Club Level at the Grand Floridian. Also the lounges have stopped putting out bottles of water, however they know have one huge glass bottle which they keep in a bucket of ice that's in the lounge. Although if you ask the Cast Members they might be able to give you an extra one to keep in your room. Finally here is a list of what times the various foods are served in the lounge.

Cast Member services desk: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM.

Coffee: 6:30 AM - 10:00 PM.

Continental Breakfast: 7:00 AM - 10:30 AM.

Refreshments: 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM.

Appetizers, wine and cheese selections: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM.

Cordials and Desserts: 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM.

Thank you! I took your advice. Now we are booked 1 night at BWI concierge, 3 nights BC standard, and 3 nights at GF concierge (sugarloaf). I'm so excited! We have the DxDDP for the 3 nights at BC so we can use our credits through the first day at GF before they expire. By then we will probably not want to even look at food, anyway!
You're welcome and have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter