HELP Birth Certificate needed asap

buzz&woody'smom

DIS Veteran
My MIL can not find her birth certificate even though I have been telling her to get it out now since January :confused: She lives and was born in North Carolina and we leave in 16 days!

No passport either. She acted surprised when I reminded her she can not go with a certified birth certificate.

I will lose my mind if I paid $$$ and reminded her for over 8 months and she can not get one she does not seem to understand the urgency..........................help!!!!

Don't panic. I did the same thing a few years back. I was going to Bermuda and I assumed that I had a correct B.C. WRONG! I went to the Department of Health and Records and they were able to give me one that very same day. You just have to be there in person with I.D. That is how it works in NYC, so I am sure that it is similiar where you are. Good luck. Have a great trip.

I you are not in NC just call them with a credit card they will overnight it to you.... NC is great about it. My wife did the samething last year 2 day before leaving... The lady that was at the Dept of records was great....

It is cheaper than going through vitalcheck

Thanks, I think the shock has worn off. She was going to "look" for it one more time last night and then if it is not found either drive to Raleigh and get one in person or I will order thru Vital Check, they list turn around time for 5-7 business days so that should make it with a day or 2 for delay. Vital check also says they send them Fed-ex and you have to sign. Do you know if she can order but send it to my house since I am home to sign for it? She works and it would very hard to get it to her via Fed-ex and for her to sign for it.

Thanks to all of you that have helped!;)

My one piece of advice is to call the county she was born in and not just the state of North Carolina. I originally ordered my husband's on line from the state of California, even put "rush delivery" on my request. It was taking forever to get to me and I was starting to panic so I went to the county's website, talked to an actual person and had it in less than a week. My other one that I ordered from the state, well it came in the mail about a month after our cruise .:rolleyes:

The state of NC has a website devoted to just this type of records. She only lives an hour from the capital where this office is located and they have detailed directions on their website on how to get there, how to get a certified BC, cost, waiting time etc. so I think that is her best bet. The county she was born in is a 3 plus hour drive each way for her. The state of NC also uses VitalCheck for rush orders and does not process them theirselves and VitalCheck website also shows the cost, turn around time etc.

Thanks everyone I am going to call her in 1 hour and make the decision for her if she does not do something :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter