Help choosing last restaurant!

winnieofpooh

DIS Veteran
We make our dining reservations on Saturday, and I cannot for the life of me decide on our last restaurant. Some background: it'll be mine and my fiance's honeymoon. We've both been to Disney a handful of times, all recently. I'm a fairly picky eater, and he's lactose-intolerant.

Here's what we have planned so far:

Day 1 - Arrival/DS - quick service dinner (D-Luxe)
Day 2 - Epcot - San Angel Inn dinner
Day 3 - Hollywood Studios - Narcoossee's dinner
Day 4 - Animal Kingdom - ?????? dinner
Day 5 - Magic Kingdom - quick service dinner

We have park hoppers, so the dinner doesn't have to be at AK. I've been tossing around a few different ideas - Le Cellier, Chefs de France (our favorite, but we go here every year), Terralina (DS), or Homecomin'. I've even considered Boma, but not sure if I'll like anything there? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Loved Tiffins in December. Really great menu and think you both could find something, then check out Pandora at night. My wife and I also love Yak and Yeti, have some standard items, but the tuna nachos are awesome.

We make our dining reservations on Saturday, and I cannot for the life of me decide on our last restaurant. Some background: it'll be mine and my fiance's honeymoon. We've both been to Disney a handful of times, all recently. I'm a fairly picky eater, and he's lactose-intolerant.

Here's what we have planned so far:

Day 1 - Arrival/DS - quick service dinner (D-Luxe)
Day 2 - Epcot - San Angel Inn dinner
Day 3 - Hollywood Studios - Narcoossee's dinner
Day 4 - Animal Kingdom - ?????? dinner
Day 5 - Magic Kingdom - quick service dinner

We have park hoppers, so the dinner doesn't have to be at AK. I've been tossing around a few different ideas - Le Cellier, Chefs de France (our favorite, but we go here every year), Terralina (DS), or Homecomin'. I've even considered Boma, but not sure if I'll like anything there? Any suggestions are appreciated!

My favorite restaurant on our honeymoon was Hoop Dee Doo Revue. So fun!! Afterwards, we went to the campfire for a bit, and then caught some of the MK fireworks from the beach. If you've never seen the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, it's definitely not one to be missed!

I'd probably go to Satuli Canteen if staying in the park, or Boma if leaving the park. Jiko as suggested above is also a good idea. I used to like Tusker House for the unusual items, but they don't have as many of those anymore, so now I'd go to Boma for something different from standard American food. But if you're looking for something more plain, you might actually be OK with the current menu at Tusker House, or Yak and Yeti for (Americanized) Asian-style food.

Yak and Yeti at AK. What resort are you staying at...maybe a place there? At DS, Raglan Road is a neat place to try.

Yak and Yeti at AK. What resort are you staying at...maybe a place there? At DS, Raglan Road is a neat place to try.

We're staying at the GF. We already have a night at Narcoossee's, so we'd prefer to do either another resort or a park restaurant.

Looks like the consensus is Jiko over Boma? Could a picky eater find anything at Jiko? I was looking at Boma because it's a buffet so I could always get the kids' food if none of the adult options looked appealing.

We're staying at the GF. We already have a night at Narcoossee's, so we'd prefer to do either another resort or a park restaurant.

Looks like the consensus is Jiko over Boma? Could a picky eater find anything at Jiko? I was looking at Boma because it's a buffet so I could always get the kids' food if none of the adult options looked appealing.

No, I prefer Boma over Jiko, because there is much more variety. But if you really prefer bland American food (if that's what you mean about being a picky eater), I'd skip both of these because you'd be working around what makes them special, instead of enjoying them.

I don't see a character meal... Tusker House... has lots of good options, and it is super fun to eat with the characters. DH and I go all the time, yep just the 2 of us... there are lots of adults that are eating and enjoying the characters....

This might be your only chance to have a meal with them for a while .. I say go for it...

No, I prefer Boma over Jiko, because there is much more variety. But if you really prefer bland American food (if that's what you mean about being a picky eater), I'd skip both of these because you'd be working around what makes them special, instead of enjoying them.

Haha! Yes, that's basically what I mean. But my fiance is not a picky eater - he LOVES to try new foods and cook new things, so I was hoping to find a place where he could explore a bit, but also still had a "safe" choice for me.

Haha! Yes, that's basically what I mean. But my fiance is not a picky eater - he LOVES to try new foods and cook new things, so I was hoping to find a place where he could explore a bit, but also still had a "safe" choice for me.
Yes, Boma would fit that bill. I was there recently with a couple of relatives who were in that same situation, and they both enjoyed it.

Another vote for Yak & Yeti if you haven’t tried it yet. Love that place!

Boma would fit the bill. As would Yak and Yeti if you like a mix of American food and stuff from your local Chinese place for a menu.

The burger at Yak and Yeti is great.

Coming from a super picky eater (ME!)--take a chance on Yak and Yeti! We went for the first time in December and it was my favorite meal. I highly recommend giving it a try.

I'd go with Chefs it's your favorite sounds like the perfect last meal

Jiko is excellent. If you enjoy steak, get the filet. My favorite meal was the boar appetizer with Mac and cheese.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter