Help critique my Christmas itinerary!

blobberhead

Mouseketeer
I will be staying off-site from Tuesday, Dec 10th to Saturday, Dec 14th. This is what I have planned so far:
Tue, Dec 10th: Red eye from CA to FL arriving 7AM at MCO
Wed, Dec 11th: Rope Drop Hollywood Studios for Rise of the Resistance and Toy Story Land
Thu, Dec 12th: Rope Drop Animal Kingdom for Flight of Passage
Fri, Dec 13th: Resort Tour + Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Sat, Dec 14th: Fly out in the morning

Questions:
1. Any recommendations for what to do on Tuesday? I was thinking of either going to Islands of Adventure to see the new Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure or Epcot to see the Christmas decor and the new Frozen Ever After ride. I'm probably going to be exhausted taking a red eye so maybe even just a relaxing day?
2. Any suggestions on how I should order Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom? I put them on Wed and Thu respectively but also arbitrarily
3. What good Fastpasses can I expect to get at Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom if I stay offsite? I assume the Star Wars attractions if available, and Flight of Passage will be off the table?

I would take a stroll around world showcase after a nap to see the various Christmas shows and interactions. You wouldn't be locked in to how long you felt like staying. Then, maybe try to space220 if it's open and still head back for an early evening.

I'm going around the same time Dec 7-11 for our first time during the holidays. One big important thing for us is Epcot so I'm a little surprised to see Epcot isn't present in your itinerary. I would add Epcot for sure. Festival of the Holidays and Candlelight Processional, and FEA since it seems like it'll be your first time for that. Also there's stuff to do at the Epcot resorts as well as maybe a ride on the Skyliner.

I looked at when you're going and neither HS or AK have EMH those days so I believe they're interchangeable really. Maybe just look into FP availability either day to help you pick which park. Or if you're trying to secure other SWGE reservations, maybe have that be the factor.

I would be pretty shocked if you'll get FoP or SDD... or even 7DMT on your FP day. I'm staying onsite and I don't think I'll get them on FP day. I know checking regularly until you go, or even day of, has brought a lot of success for me and many others so even if you can't get the FPs you want on FP day don't get super disappointed, there's hope. If not, then plan to rope drop or stay late. And there's single rider for rides at both AK and HS including Smuggler's Run, if that's okay if your party then it helps a lot too.

I'm going around the same time Dec 7-11 for our first time during the holidays. One big important thing for us is Epcot so I'm a little surprised to see Epcot isn't present in your itinerary. I would add Epcot for sure. Festival of the Holidays and Candlelight Processional, and FEA since it seems like it'll be your first time for that. Also there's stuff to do at the Epcot resorts as well as maybe a ride on the Skyliner.

I looked at when you're going and neither HS or AK have EMH those days so I believe they're interchangeable really. Maybe just look into FP availability either day to help you pick which park. Or if you're trying to secure other SWGE reservations, maybe have that be the factor.

I would be pretty shocked if you'll get FoP or SDD... or even 7DMT on your FP day. I'm staying onsite and I don't think I'll get them on FP day. I know checking regularly until you go, or even day of, has brought a lot of success for me and many others so even if you can't get the FPs you want on FP day don't get super disappointed, there's hope. If not, then plan to rope drop or stay late. And there's single rider for rides at both AK and HS including Smuggler's Run, if that's okay if your party then it helps a lot too.

Thank you! I wasn't sure about Epcot vs. Islands of Adventure because my understanding is that Epcot is under a lot of change right now, and will have a lot of constructions walls up. In addition, the permanent fireworks show won't be open yet. However, you bring up a good point that it will still festive around the Showcase!

We took at red eye from CA last June for our honeymoon trip. By the time we landed we were EXHAUSTED. Granted, we had just doing the whole wedding thing which is exhausting by itself, but don't underestimate how tired you'll be. Fortunately, the wonderful CM at check in managed to get us our room right away so we napped and then I went to the pool for a while. Personally, I wouldn't plan much that day, but if you can get into your room early and nap, then exploring Epcot sounds like a great idea!

We like to do EPCOT on our arrival day but we are just coming from NY. The decorations are really nice and strolling around the world is just so to walk around and snack through the countries. Candlelight processional is nice but that would make a really long day for you!

Honestly, I dont even know if I want to go to Epcot this Christmas. I saw photos of what it looks like right now, and there are constructions walls EVERYWHERE! Does it make sense to just wait until the 50th anniversary?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter