HELP...DDE question, I need some expert advice!

JerJan

<font color=blue>I need the sunshine to SURVIVE!<b
We will be arriving at BWV on 12/16/05 and my in-laws are joining us on the same night. PROBLEM: My mother-in-law wants to get the DDE card as she and the father-in-law are Florida residents. They will be arriving at MCO from a long european vacation and will not be going to their home in Hollywood, Florida prior to coming to spend the week with us and their grandchildren. Can my mother-in-law purchase the DDE card and have it left someplace at say "WILL CALL" (she can provide her FL DL upon P/U) or at the resort desk until her arrival since she's not going home? :confused3 I don't know what to tell her to do any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!!!

cherylp3 said:
All ears lists that you can make arrangements to pick up a letter at guest relations.

http://allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm
::yes:: FYI, they only do drop-offs at EPCOT Guest Relations. Call and order it one day, and it's there the next afternoon! If you order really early in the morning, it may be there the same afternoon! What they leave is the temporary card, and the permanent one is mailed to their home 2-3 weeks later. Have a great trip! :sunny:

We just did this last week. I called and ordered the DDE card at around 9am and a temp card was waiting for me at EPCOT Guest Relations after 5:30pm that same day! It was so easy and we saved so much money during our vacation!

Just so you are aware, the DDE office is only open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm. You say that your MIL is joining you the night of Friday Dec 16th so most likely the DDE office will be closed by the time she arrives. It will not reopen until the following Monday morning.

If she wants to have the card for the trip, she would need to call the DDE office and order the card no later than 9am on Fri Dec 16th, but preferably at least the day before to be safe, and ask that a temporary card be left at Epcot. She could then pick up the card at Epcot Friday evening before the park closes or else Saturday morning.

Good luck. Hope you can work it out because it really is a great deal!

Another question- do you need park admission to get to the Epcot Center and can I turn my annual pass voucher in there as well? We just decided to buy annual passes for the year and got the vouchers Sat and now we leave on Sat Nov 12 and I thought the DDE would be a great idea. I will calll today to order and ask them to have a temp card for me onsite but I'd love to take care of all the "paperwork" that day and be ready tp go to MK early Sun morning.

thanks in advance!

Amy

DVCAmy said:
Another question- do you need park admission to get to the Epcot Center and can I turn my annual pass voucher in there as well? We just decided to buy annual passes for the year and got the vouchers Sat and now we leave on Sat Nov 12 and I thought the DDE would be a great idea. I will calll today to order and ask them to have a temp card for me onsite but I'd love to take care of all the "paperwork" that day and be ready tp go to MK early Sun morning.

thanks in advance!

Amy
The pick up spot for the temporary DDE cards is at Guest Relations at EPCOT's main entrance. You do not need to enter the park to pick up the temp card. You may also exchange your AP voucher at Guest Relations. Your year (for the AP) will start on the day you exchange the voucher for the pass, and the year for the DDE (which could end up being as long as 13 months, depending on what day of the month you purchase) will start when you purchase (over the phone).

Best wishes -

We did this (picked it up at Epcot's Guest Relations) and it worked out just fine. We've already gotten our $50 back for the pass and saved a little over that on just one trip. Can't wait to do some straight savings next May! :goodvibes

DDE will save you money, Saved over $600 with family of ten in May. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

Thanks everyone for all of the great responses! My MIL called today and it will be waiting for her :cool1: at EPCOT guest services when she arrives, now does anyone know how I can find out how late they will stay open that night 12/16/05 or how early they will open on 12/17? :confused3

JerJan said:
Thanks everyone for all of the great responses! My MIL called today and it will be waiting for her :cool1: at EPCOT guest services when she arrives, now does anyone know how I can find out how late they will stay open that night 12/16/05 or how early they will open on 12/17? :confused3
Guest Relations should be open the same (or at least nearly the same) hours as the Park. Epcot generally opens at 9 am year round - you might check to see if 12/17 will be early entry day, though. During the time that the Candlelight Processional is running, EPCOT officially closes at 9:30 pm (otherwise, it always closes at 9).

Best wishes-

Thanks Carol, I knew that someone would be able to help me out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter