Help deciding on resort

lizzyb

DIS Veteran
We are looking at going back to Disney this summer. We have obtained quotes on 5 resorts and I am having a hard time deciding. Help me choose which option is best!

1- Caribbean Beach- We have never been at this resort and it is the cheapest option. My concerns for this resort are the size of the extra bed as we usually alternate the kids on this bed and my kids are aged 9,12 and 15 which I think may limit the rotation. Also, from what I read this resort is very large and transportation is not the greatest.

2- Beach Club- Have never been here and like the idea of being close to Epcot and HS. The price for this one is mid-range. I have read that they share transportation which means more time spent on buses.

3- Boardwalk Inn- Pretty much the same as above.

4- Contemporary- Have been here and it was a nice resort. Price is the highest. Loved being able to walk to Magic Kingdom and having the monorail but was not a fan of the Garden wing (which is where we would be)

5- Poly- Have been here and it is my favourite resort... downside is its the most expensive option.

TIA!

I wouldn't stay at CBR until the renovation is complete. I've heard it's quite extensive and all that visual disruption and noise would really bother me. I've stayed at BC and BW and love them both. I prefer BW a bit more but my family is all adults. I think your kids, as long as they are good swimmers, are just the right ages to get the most out of Storm A Long Bay so maybe BC for your group. When we stay at any of the Epcot resorts we feel like all three of the resorts are accessible to us ( not storm-along bay if we are at BW of course). We like the Contemporary but don't love it simply because it is over run with infants and toddlers, no offense intended, I've raised four myself :flower3:. As far as the Poly, my first stay is next week but I'm kind of regretting not booking one of the Epcot resorts they are that awesome.

Of your list, the only one I've actually stayed at is CBR. I loved it at the time (mostly because we left a lot of snow behind, and the tropical theme was exactly what I needed!) The size didn't bother me at all, and we had good luck with the buses, but I probably wouldn't go back until the renovations are done.

I've toured the Contemporary, and I really didn't fall in love with it either, but the Poly is on my wish list (just not in the budget!)

I think I'd try one of the Epcot hotels you're considering. I haven't stayed in that area yet, but am definitely thinking about it for my next trip!

We have stayed at all of the ones you referenced and I would pick BC or BWI, these both are awesome. The walk to Epcot and HS is pretty simple from BWI. Epcot is a skip and jump from BC. BWI buses are great, BC not bad they just share with YC. You also have the Friendship boats for transportation. The pool at BC is very nice. BWI was my favorite of these two just because of location, buses, quiet room, and all the different places to explore on the Boardwalk. We never swim so the pool at BC wasn’t important to us.

Poly is my favorite but if the cost is to much I would choose one of the above.

CBR is okay but I thought the buses here were the worst, to many stops and this resort is under construction.

The size of the bed at CBR is definitely smaller than all of your other options. It will depend on the size of your kids. The room itself is much smaller than the Contemporary/ Poly and still smaller than the Epcot resorts. I think that makes a huge difference.
Also, I think the bathroom set up is different at the Poly than almost everywhere else. It is separated better so people can multi-use.

The size of the bed at CBR is definitely smaller than all of your other options. It will depend on the size of your kids. The room itself is much smaller than the Contemporary/ Poly and still smaller than the Epcot resorts. I think that makes a huge difference.
Also, I think the bathroom set up is different at the Poly than almost everywhere else. It is separated better so people can multi-use.

The beds are queen sized at CBR. They used to be smaller.

Beach Club no contest unless you plan to spend most days at MK. I think it's the absolute prettiest resort and you cannot overvalue the walk to Epcot (especially if you use the "secret" door next to room 1501). It's also a good walk or leisurely boat ride to DHS. Buses to MK & AK are fine, and don't take too long.

The ages of your kids are perfect for Storm-A-Long Bay and Cape May Cafe is SO much fun for lunch or dinner.

I would choose between BC or BWI. I prefer BWI, but when choosing EP resorts, I'll go with whichever is cheapest. BC and YC share buses and it really isn't bad. BWI typically has a dedicated bus. It did not share with Swan/Dolphin the last time we stayed there.

I wouldn’t pick CBR because of the renos and the size. We went there once to check it out and there are so many bus stops at that resort. We are staying at BC in a few weeks for the first time and can’t wait. I have ALWAYS wanted to stay at Poly but it is a little pricier...one day it will happen.

Thanks for all of the replies. We definitely prefer the Magic Kingdom and spend the most time there. Sounds like CBR is not a great option which kind of confirms my thoughts. The price difference between BWI and BC vs Contemporary and Poly is about $400.

With the ages of your kids, I'd say BC for downtime at Stormalong Bay. The pool at the Contemp isn't very exciting for older kids and since you weren' thrilled at the garden wing will that bug you the whole time? Yes you can walk to MK, which is a plus.

We decided to do a split stay in June to cover our bases...BC for 4 nights and Contemp tower for 3. Kids will swim and we will go to Epcot resorts via walking and boat, and take a Minnie van to AK. Then move to Contemp and hit MK for a couple of days. We have a highschooler and two Jr highers in our family. We couldn't pin things down to just one resort, so maybe this might be an option for you as well? They will transfer your luggage for you.

Thanks for all of the replies. We definitely prefer the Magic Kingdom and spend the most time there. Sounds like CBR is not a great option which kind of confirms my thoughts. The price difference between BWI and BC vs Contemporary and Poly is about $400.

If the extra $400 is doable, I'd go with the Poly. We haven't stayed at BWI, but have stayed at the BC and while we had a nice trip, the Poly is our favorite. The Poly rooms are quite a bit larger than BC/BWI, the beach is great for watching the fireworks (as is the pool as it backs up to the beach where you can watch the fireworks while swimming), and there are a variety of great dining options at the resort and close by at the GF & CR. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the choices, but since we love the Poly and prefer staying in the MK area, the Poly is an easy choice for us. Good luck!

BC is our favorite resort. I love the theme and the pool, location and atmosphere are amazing. It only shares bus service with the YC, we've never had any issues with the buses. YC is picked up first so it doesn't have an effect on travel to the parks and the drop off only adds a few minutes as they are so close to each other. The location provides a lot of dining options. We love strolling over to the BW in the evenings for ice cream or margaritas.

Poly would be the runner up out of your list. We've only stayed two nights there and really enjoyed it, it's just more crowded than BC and the location doesn't appeal to us as much as the Epcot resort area - not to mention much more expensive.

CBR is the only resort we've stayed at that we really disliked and will likely not return to. We've not stayed at BWI or CR. I would be willing to try out BWI sometime but DD really hates the look of the pool, but I really have no desire to ever stay at CR. The theme isn't appealing to me at all.

We've stayed at all of those except Boardwalk. I would not pick CBR. For us, it is our least favorite resort, the bus service was terrible, and we ended up having to drive our car to the parks several times. My favorite is the Contemporary, especially if you are planning on spending a lot of time at MK. You just can't beat the easy walk to MK! We also like YC/BC and being able to walk to Epcot - plus they have a great pool!

In this case, I would do Poly if you can swing it as you said you aren't a fan of the CR garden wing.

Poly is our favorite resort as well! Never have stayed at the BC but did have a very nice stay at YC. That said, if you plan on spending significant time at MK, there really isn't much of an upside to BC aside from whatever you might save, IMO.

I'd rule out CBR, with renovations and the third sleeping surface being smaller than a twin bed.

I would select BC since you have not stayed there before. We have not done BC but were at YC last trip and loved it! That was our first time staying at an Epcot resort. Cape May is one of our favorite breakfasts.

Beach Club busses are pretty slow. The only downside to the resort, really. It was a nice resort, very clean and classy. Also, Cape May is our favorite breakfast on property so that's a plus.

I've never stayed at the Boardwalk, but between the BC and BWI, I would stay at the BWI.

I hate all moderate resorts, especially CBR, so I advise any resort but that one LOL.

If you could stay on the monorail it's obviously a plus, but if you want to save some $$$ then I would stay at BWI. If you're set on staying on the monorail I would stay at the Poly instead of the Contemporary.

Enjoy your trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter