Help! Difficulty comparing hotels on website best location for family of 5

cleighc

Earning My Ears
Heading to Paris early March 2020 with family of 5 (kids 16,14,10). Tentative plan is to spend 2 nights at a DLP hotel. I have 2 main questions/issues.

1. My kids prefer their own beds so I'd love a room that has 4 beds. The only hotel in walking distance to the parks showing availability is the Newport Bay in Compass Club pricing about $2000.00 US for 2 nights with free half board. Does Disneyland Hotel or Sequoia have any rooms with 4 beds? This is not an absolute must to have 4 beds but is preferred. Another option would be 2 rooms somewhere but I suspect that will price out much higher.

2. DLP website is impossibly difficult to navigate to compare pricing! Is there an easier way to get pricing on different options than the DLP website? I read that by changing the country from US to UK or other European country will likely have different offers and pricing but half the time the pages won't load correctly so I cannot get the prices. Also, it lists an offer of 25% off with free half board but when I get that to work only DLH has 25% off and Newport Bay is only 5%. Sequoia never comes up as an option. Do Sequoia rooms not accommodate 5? Is it closed during our dates or fully booked?

What would the best option be for walking distance to parks, bedding situation and pricing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Most rooms at DLP sleep 4 with 2 queen size or double beds. There are some family rooms that sleep 5 in the DLH or in NPB but they are expensive. Davy Crocket Ranch sleeps 6 with 3 single beds in room a couch bed in the living area and a double in another bedroom. However you have to drive to the parks from there. You would probably be best getting to adjoining rooms at The Cheyenne or Santa Fe. One of the rooms at the Cheyenne has 1 double and 2 single beds.

1. Yeah... rooms with 4 beds are very rare and/or expensive. I would look at the good neighbour hotels, I think there are a few options as well.
2. Another DISer reported issues with switching countries earlier this week as well. But for your case, either go for two rooms, or look off site. I would use a website like trivago.com, hotels.com, booking.com etc. there you get all options and I find it easier to navigate when it comes to more than 1 room or groups.

Wondering if Compass Club may be the way to go? They have a room with 2 doubles and 2 sofa beds which would be great. The package with 2 nights, half board and 3 day hopper tickets is just over $2000USD. It looks like the tickets alone for our family would be around $1170USD. I'm not sure what the value in USD of half board is? Would half board included be per night we stay(2) or would it follow the ticketing(3 days)? I also cannot find the price for the room only-none of the Disney hotels come up on Expedia/Orbitz/Travelocity and I cannot seem to see pricing on the DLP website for room only either. Any idea if $2000 would be a reasonable price for the package? I do like the convenience of being able to walk to the park.

The half board is per night so you would get breakfast and either lunch or dinner which you can use any time during the 3 days you are there (you can use both in one day if you want). There are 3 levels of half board and Im sure Newport Bay is in the Plus category.

DLP dont have room only on their website but you can phone for prices however it is rarely cheaper to book room only and separate tickets.
Expedia do have the Disney hotels on where you can get room only but again it is rarely cheaper to do it that way

Your other option is Explorers hotel which is a partner hotel - they do rooms for 4 with a double and 2 singles and then you can add an ajoining room (they call it a crew room) which has bunk beds

It might also be worth looking at the price of 2 rooms at Santa Fe or Cheyenne as this would also give you 2 bathrooms as well which might be useful when there are 5 of you trying to get ready in the mornings

So I checked booking.com and the same compass club room would be over $1000 for 2 nights (and obviously no half board) so I went ahead and booked it on the UK site. Unfortunately I never got a confirmation even after verifying my credit card number-I just got the “spinning Mickey” for over 30 minutes! Disney websites are the worst!!! I checked my credit card and there is a pending charge from EuroDisney. Any suggestions on how to get a confirmation number/check that I actually have a reservation??? I guess I will probably have to call them tomorrow?

Or wait, the confirmation doesn't come instantly and can take a few hours. Is there a confirmation number on your statement?

Update-I had an email from DLP with a confirmation number this morning so all is good. Do we actually have to print out the documents before arrival or will they take them on our phone? Thanks for all the responses!

On your phone is fine. Nowadays, I just give my ID and by my last name they pull up the reservation.

I have a family of 4 that does not share beds. Here are my findings:

Village Nature resort. The UK agent I have taking with quoted 1600 for a family of 4 in a two bedroom BUT there is NO AIRCONDITIONING
Davey Crocket was pricing around 950 euros BUT you must have a car for that property.
Lastly the Sequoia we are looking at 2 rooms connecting and that is pricing out at 1600

I booked the Compass Club room with 2 double beds and 2 sofa beds at Newport Bay. Cost was $2000 USD for 2 nights with half board and three days park tickets included for the five of us. I used the UK site and it saved about $300USD compared to the US site

I booked the Compass Club room with 2 double beds and 2 sofa beds at Newport Bay. Cost was $2000 USD for 2 nights with half board and three days park tickets included for the five of us. I used the UK site and it saved about $300USD compared to the US site

How was the property? The air conditioning? Were you satisfied with your stay?

We haven’t stayed yet. We are booked for March 2020. Interested to see how compass club compares to concierge rooms at WDW(previously stayed concierge at Comtemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Poly and Beach Club).

The Compass Club is great, pricey but really worth it.

The rooms are in the central area of the hotel (you'll see it's a massive hotel, and some of the rooms can be quite a walk away from the hotel entrance and restaurants....). You get a separate lounge for the check-in when you arrive (which is always a good start). You also have breakfast included, in a separate lounge which is really lovely, great selection for breakfast, and you can go back during the day for drinks and cakes in the afternoon. Finally you get a fastpass per person per day, which can really come in handy for some of the most popular rides.

Hope you have a great stay!!

The compass club room has 2 sofa beds, their site only says there is one. Would potentially consider that room if there were 4 sleeping surfaces. Can you clarify? Thanks!

The compass club room has 2 sofa beds, their site only says there is one. Would potentially consider that room if there were 4 sleeping surfaces. Can you clarify? Thanks!
There were 2 options for compass club rooms when I booked rooms one with 2 double and 1 sofa bed (sleeps 5) and one with two doubles and 2 sofa beds (sleeps 6). Hope that helps

There were 2 options for compass club rooms when I booked rooms one with 2 double and 1 sofa bed (sleeps 5) and one with two doubles and 2 sofa beds (sleeps 6). Hope that helps
Did you feel cramped? I can get that room or two base rooms adjoining (so there would be two bathrooms) at the sequoia for the same money. I doubt we would be around to partake in the food from 4:30 to 5. What time do people typically eat dinner at the parks?

Did you feel cramped? I can get that room or two base rooms adjoining (so there would be two bathrooms) at the sequoia for the same money. I doubt we would be around to partake in the food from 4:30 to 5. What time do people typically eat dinner at the parks?
I’m not sure if it is cramped- we haven’t stayed yet. Booked for Mach 2020. And quite frankly as long as there are four beds I really don’t care if the room is crowded. We won’t be in our room much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!