Help!!! Disney Pavilion or Sunset Point @ Poly.?

imwonderboy

Earning My Ears
My fiance and I are planning our intimate wedding and we are having a hard time deciding on where the ceremony should take place. We narrowed it down to the Disney Pavilion and Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort. We would like an outdoor ceremony and not sure if we can do this at the Pavilion. Also the Pavilion cost $800.00 more, is it really all that much better? How do the two compare? Please Help!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH in advance!!!:

Tracy :earsgirl: Jason:earsboy:

We went with the Pavilion and it's just beautiful in my opinion. I've never seen Sunset Point in person, so I can't comment. I did see a video of a wedding there and the wind was rather breezy causing the blowing veil and lots of noise on the microphone (of course, that could just have been that particular videographer)

What's the contingency plan for Sunset Point if it rains? Would you be happy with that as well? Just something to think about. The day of our rehearsal it poured and a couple was 'forced' to have their wedding in the Pavilion (I think it was to have been at Sunset Point) and the bride looked severely upset.

Also, what month are you getting married in and at what time of day? It could be rather hot (or cool) outside.

Lori

We're planning on early November as for the time of day, not quite sure. Thanks for your quick responce!! :D

Hubby and I are planning on Sunset Pointe for our Vow Renewal. The pictures I've seen there look lovely. In most of the pics I have seen, the photographer has the Grand Floridian in the background and that is awesome. You can also see the Castle from across the Seven Seas Lagoon. We are going to have ours in October at 9:00 AM. Less likely for rain first thing in the morning, then we can spend the rest of the day at the parks. Congrats!!!!!!!
Julie

We picked Sunset Pointe as it is so beautiful. We liked the idea of an outdoor wedding. It is so romantic! The location is spectulcular! Here is a website of our videographer and there is a sample of a wedding at Sunset Pointe!
www.stvsweddings.com/gallery

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for your responces. We have decided on Suntset Pointe @ the Polynesian!!

Tracy and Jason :D

Tracy and Jason

Sunset Pointe is wonderful. We got married there at 3pm on Nov 1st 2000. The weather was wonderful, I never had any trouble with my veil :D

I hope you have a fabulous wedding :D

Hi there. I just joined and notice this post and I just had to type something.
My DH and I were married at the Poly Sunset Pointe back on 06-26-2002 and it was AWESOME. There was a little wind (but then again there was a thunderstorm about to roll in)
We were married at 3pm and it was so nice walking up to see my almost Husband and then to the right was the Contemporary and over the seven seas lagoon The Castle.
We had looked into the WP but since there was only 4 of us total there and the fact that we wanted to be outside we went with SP.

You are going to LOVE it.
Congrats to you.

We had planned to be married at sunset pointe at the Polynesian but it rained! I had planned the wedding for 9am so the weather would be better and it wasn't supposed to rain at all so I actually hadn't even thought about what would happen if it did rain. The wedding coordinators were great and we had it in a cozy little building at the Polynesian that's just down one of the little trails and away from everything else. I had 12 people total at my wedding (they charged extra $500 for more than 8 people) and the location was just the right size. The photographer took us to the Grand Floridian for the pictures and they turned out soooooo great! Overall, the "worst" thing I could've imagined was waking up to thunder the morning of my wedding but the people at disney made it completely stress-free and a wonderful experience:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter