Help! Disneyland Attraction Drops... can someone give me an order of intensity?

Does Goofy's have a drop? I can't find info on the internet so I could compare it to the PoTC drop (as I do with all rides since I know I can handle it)
Yes, one or possibly two (I'm drawing a blank on if there's a second drop). It's not a very long drop but it's steep and to me it's more intense than Pirates. I have issues with drops and I've worked my way up to being able to ride and enjoy Incredicoaster and GotG, but even so I still get scared approaching that little drop on Goofy's. Also, if part of the issue you have with drops has to do with a fear of falling (as opposed to just the physical feeling of dropping), you should be aware that at the beginning of the ride there are turns that look and feel (deliberately) like you're going to fall off the track.

I suffer from extreme motion sickness. I can do Pirates, Splash, Thunder Mountain, and Indy with no problem. I nearly got sick on Space because I was sure I was going to fly out of the car and be killed. Absolutely terrifying. Star Tours is out of the question. I saw no mention of Soarin' but this is no problem. Once your seat raises into position, which takes just a few seconds, the seat no longer moves until you descend after the ride. If you feel sick because of the video, you can just close your eyes and you will just be sitting in a chair with your eyes closed.

In regards to GotG depending on which soundtrack you get the amount of drops you get will vary. On our first ride we got the Hooked on a Feeling soundtfack and the most drops. Talk about them coming fast-we barely caughtour breath before having the next drop. Our second time on GotC we got the ROoled Around in Love soundtrack and definitely noticed few drops that time. You could tell there were longer waits between drops-not long-just a matter of a few seconds but noticeable to us. But both rides were great and both times we went all the way to the top where the doors pen and you can see the park.

Goofy’s Sky School is the only ride I will 100% never do again for any reason. I don’t care if I have kids someday and they beg until the cows come home it isn’t happening with me! Horrible, awful ride!

This is me but with the swinging cars on the ferris wheel. Never AGAIN ever ever ever. I love stomach drops but I caaaaan't do the swaying back and forth, which I learned the HARD WAY when there was nothing that could be done about it! Literally trapped in a cage!!!

In regards to GotG depending on which soundtrack you get the amount of drops you get will vary. On our first ride we got the Hooked on a Feeling soundtfack and the most drops. Talk about them coming fast-we barely caughtour breath before having the next drop. Our second time on GotC we got the ROoled Around in Love soundtrack and definitely noticed few drops that time. You could tell there were longer waits between drops-not long-just a matter of a few seconds but noticeable to us. But both rides were great and both times we went all the way to the top where the doors pen and you can see the park.

Tower of Terror always offered a randomized drop sequence. It is interesting to know that it is now synched to the audio, which makes sense. The audio is random anyway, so it still works as intended. That ride is a great experience!

I'm just adding for Matterhorn. There are two separate tracks. The track on the Tomorrowland side is considered slightly more intense and there is a small, but steep drop on that side. The Fantasyland side does not have that drop, so if you go on Matterhorn go on the Fantasyland side.
Thanks! That is good to know!

This is me but with the swinging cars on the ferris wheel. Never AGAIN ever ever ever. I love stomach drops but I caaaaan't do the swaying back and forth, which I learned the HARD WAY when there was nothing that could be done about it! Literally trapped in a cage!!!
Too terrifying!! I hate still Ferris Wheels lol! Mickey’s fun wheel has always been great though- as I watch from the solid ground & marvel at the crazies in the swinging buckets ;)

ROFL part of it? I can do stuff like Viper at Magic Mountain & love it!

Tower of Terror always offered a randomized drop sequence. It is interesting to know that it is now synched to the audio, which makes sense. The audio is random anyway, so it still works as intended. That ride is a great experience!

Yes it is. It was the first time I've ever been on it (never having done ToT) and it was by far our favorite ride. The music simply enhanced the entire experience. Our second faovrite was Space Mountain which also has music synched to the ride.

Tower of Terror always offered a randomized drop sequence.
I had heard that the one in WDW had randomized drops but the one in DLR had a consistent set of drops (until GotG). I've never been able to tell myself - too busy holding on and screaming to keep track.

Yep GoG has randomized drops which are sunced to music so depending on which soundtrack you get pretty much determines the intensity of drops you get. I was surprised at how much I end up liking GoG. Hands down I think it's in my top 3 favorites now along with Pirates and Space Mountain. But yeah I am another one who will NOT go on the ferris wheel or incredicoaster at DCA. Nope, nada, not getting me on either of those two. PRetty much told my friend where she could stick it when she attempted to get me on those rides. She was not amused at just how stubborn I was in succeeding in not riding them.

Hi. I’m planning my first trip to Disneyland. And, I hate ride “drops” that make my stomach flutter. Would someone be willing to rank the attractions for me, from least to most intense drops? I can handle the drop on WDW POTC, but not sure if I can handle the two drops on Disneyland’s POTC. I hate to miss out on the ride theming if it’s something I could do, but don’t want to end up dizzy and sick. A ranking would help me ease into things and stop when it gets too intense. Thanks!
I would definitely rank GOTG as the most intense. It gives me chest pain just riding it. If POTC is the most intense you can handle then count out Splash, Indy, Space, BTMM, Grizzly, Guardians, Incredicoaster, Jumpin Jellyfish, Star Tours

Someone else mentioned Soarin already and I wanted to second that. The start and end of the ride where they lift you up and down can give me a bit of that stomach flutter feeling. It should be exactly the same as at WDW so if you've done it there you'll know if you can do it at DLR too.

I would definitely rank GOTG as the most intense. It gives me chest pain just riding it. If POTC is the most intense you can handle then count out Splash, Indy, Space, BTMM, Grizzly, Guardians, Incredicoaster, Jumpin Jellyfish, Star Tours
I love Star Tours at WDW. Is it different at Didneyland? I can handle the simulator/screen rides. Flight of Passage is my favorite ride! I also liked Dinosaur at WDW and heard Indy was the same track. I don’t remember drops on Dinosaur. Does Indy have drops?

Goofy’s Sky School is the only ride I will 100% never do again for any reason. I don’t care if I have kids someday and they beg until the cows come home it isn’t happening with me! Horrible, awful ride!

Goofy's is legitimately the scariest ride in the park!! I couldn't believe it when I rode it but I will never ride it again - I felt like I was going to fly right out of the car at every turn...:sad::sad2:

I agree that intensity is subjective and is different for every person, especially when it comes to motion sickness.

My DH cannot do Star Tours or any other simulator style ride without it making him feel nauseous. However, other rides like GOTG, Space and Incredicoaster, all of which are fairly intense rides, are not an issue for him at all.

He even goes on Goofy as it's one of my daughters favorites but my son will have none of it - admittedly it's a bit crazy at the top with all the turns but I find it fun once you commit to it and realize that people have only flown out of the car a few times. :crazy2:

I love Goofy, he is my favorite, and even more, I love Aviator Goofy and yet Goofy's Sky School is a BIG NO from me. I did take a picture with Aviator Goofy right outside of it though, so I'm happy it exists.

I love Star Tours at WDW. Is it different at Didneyland? I can handle the simulator/screen rides. Flight of Passage is my favorite ride! I also liked Dinosaur at WDW and heard Indy was the same track. I don’t remember drops on Dinosaur. Does Indy have drops?

Star Torus at DL is exactly the same as at WDW except they only have four simulators instead of six.

Star Tours is a simulator here too, so you should be fine. I've never been to WDW but I've also heard that Indy and Dinosaur have the same track. I'm not sure if that means that it's exactly the same or if it's just the same type of track. There is a small drop at the end of Indy - or at least an accelerated downhill segment. It's not too bad but I would say it's a bigger drop than Pirates.

Star Tours is a simulator here too, so you should be fine. I've never been to WDW but I've also heard that Indy and Dinosaur have the same track. I'm not sure if that means that it's exactly the same or if it's just the same type of track. There is a small drop at the end of Indy - or at least an accelerated downhill segment. It's not too bad but I would say it's a bigger drop than Pirates.

For me Indy’s drop is nothing. However, The drops in Pirates are rough for me. I have to clench up for those.

Pirates is like the drop length of the boat itself. Very minimal. Its the darkness that makes it feel like your dropping down farther than you are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter