Help for planning a weekend get-away

AlwaysAPrincess

Mouseketeer
I would love to plan a weekend get-away for Oct or Nov 2005. I have never done just a weekend trip to Disney. My shortest trip has been a week & the longest 16 days.

I am used to having more time & doing EVERYTHING!! I am almost scared to do a long weekend b/c I know me...I will want to run around crazy. And that is NO vacation!! Can anyone give me tips for a 3-4 nite stay at WDW. Also...I have never been to WDW in Oct or Nov. The food & wine festival runs during this time.....so that would be different for me.

Please give me an idea of what any of you do for a long weekend?

Thank you!
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I have done this several times. Since you have been to WDW before, just pick out what you *really* want to do for this trip. Don't worry about trying to do everything. I am going next week for just three nights - just for the opening of the Food and Wine Festival. I will go back for 4 nights in early Decemberso I can do MVMCP and see the Osborne Lights and Candlelight Processional. For the trip next week, I will only hit EPCOT for the festival. Just keep telling yourself that you will be back again and again, so there's no need to rush. Enjoy!

Thanks Candace! I just get so caught up that I am going! :p
I think the food & wine festival is a good time for us to go. SOmething different that we haven't seen or done.

When you go for these long weekends...do you buy an annual pass? Is it worth it for 2 long weekends a year? Or buy the largest Hopper PLus pass?

Thanks for the help!:) :)
::MickeyMo

Like stated above, just remind yourself that you'll be back and to take it easy after all it is a smaller vacation. I too am thinking about doing a few smaller weekend trips in the next year or two. IMO, I've decided not to buy an AP unless I do at least 3 trips in the same year so I 'll be buying a 7 day PHP and splitting the days between them. In fact I could actually split the 7 day PH into 3 different trips because I have old pluses left over from prior trips. I sort of figure that I could do two trips using 2 days each from PH then use one or two old pluses (waterpark & PI). Last trip I could use the last 3 days of my PHP and one of the pluses. This would work out really well for multiple small trips. You can always fill in the time if you don't have any pluses but hanging out at the pool where your staying, shopping at DTD, going to a show or hainging out in evening at Boardwalk or another resort. There are so many things to do that you really don't need an AP, just slow down and relax for fun.

Yecats....
Good idea with the 7 day PHP pass. I too still have Pluses left from my May trip....we never hit the options. It actually would be nice to have a little bit more relaxing trip.

Question about the food & Wine festival......is that something that can be done in one day?

depends upon how much you like it - the wine and food that is - you walk around the country eating and drinking!!!

remember only go to Epcot.

when I plan a short trip - I generally only go to one or two parks at the most...

then I relax and enjoy my resort - WDW resorts are great places to just lay back and have fun!!!

where are you staying - if you are at an EPcot resort - you will love and I mean love the food/wine festavial - no worries about getting back to your room!

AlwaysAPrincess- I don't buy an AP anymore, just the park hoppers (biggest one I can afford at the time), and they last several trips. When I go for F&W Festival, I will only have two full days in WS at EPCOT. That will be enough to eat and drink and hear the music - just a little "treat" until my next trip!

:Pinkbounc What great advice. We have never been to the food & wine festival so I think that will be a perfect long weekend for us. It really sounds fun!!!!

I will buy a PHP pass....sounds like it will get me through a few long weekend trips.

Where do you suggest to stay? In case we have a little too much to drink:tongue: :teeth:

Any of the Boardwalk area resorts are great for the F&W Festival - Boardwalk, Beach Club, Swan or Dolphin (these offer good rates for teachers, nurses, and a few others).

the bc is definitely the closest - you can even have room near the walk over (International Gateway).

this is a very deluxe resort.

It also has the best swimming pool at any WDW resort - so on your off time - you can enjoy the pool.

if you stay here - you will love it - by the time the other WDW resorts are getting to where the buses are and waiting - you will be in your room and probably ready for bed - or a night out over at the BW - it doesn't really start til Epcot closes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter