Help from Poly fans for 50th Anniversary

bonzie1

DIS Veteran
All suggestions welcome. I'm planning a 50th anniversary celebration for my folks... I've been to WDW many times, and planned many trips, but this one has me in a quandry.

We've booked Concierge (2 rooms- request adjourning) on 1st floor Hawaii bldg in May for 3 nights. First, we got a rate of 510/night per room(incl tax). Then with the AP discount we were able to get 410/night per room. Question: Is the extra money for concierge really worth it? Do you think we will have a good chance of getting connecting rooms? My folks really want all of us to be together. I know we could probably get into the Tahitti with 2 rooms for less $

Side note: the first night we are splurging on a 1 br suite on the 14th floor of the contemporary. I've even reserved that for our full stay, just in case we secide this would be a better option. Personally, I like the atmosphere at the Poly. We're talking so much $ that now I'm in panic mode. I want this to be a special time for all 6 of us... 5 adults and 1 child of 5 years old. If you think concierge in the Poly is worth it please let me know. If you think the Contemporary would be better, let me know that too.

Thanks so much! Somehow I'll make a final decision!

Stay with the Polynesian Concierge. You will love it and it is a nice touch to the special trip. Make sure they know about the Anniversary. I am sure they will be able to get you connecting rooms. My web page will be back up tomorrow if you have not seen it. There are plenty of pictures and info from 2001 and 2000 on the Polynesian concierge. The link is below my name but won't be up till March 4th.

Aloha

Steve

I'd stick with the Poly too. My brother stayed at the Contemporary (garden wing) in February & I personally didn't care for the theming, plus the wing he was in was in poor repair. He was in room #7264.

On the other hand, we stayed at the Poly 12/00 and loved it, even though the big pool was closed at that time. The theming is good, access to parks is excellent, rooms are spacious, comfortable and in generally in good repair.

Have a wonderful time. I hope my daughter is as generous as you when she gets older ;)

Thanks for your thoughts. My gut feeling is to stick with the Polynesian, both for theming and for the activities. I only have to hope we do get the adjorning room request (we will run over first thing from the contemporary in the morning!)

I've already ordered matching Hawaiian shirts for the luau for all of us... should be a fun time. Thanks again for responding.

And... I love the Polynesian site... been there many times! You've done a great job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter