Help - Hifs Rates On Web Not Being Honored

diane@wpg.mb

Earning My Ears
GRRRRR - I have been busy booking flights, hotels, etc for our trip from December 17 to 30 to the World.

I just got off the phone with HIFS and they would NOT :( honor their rates posted on the web site for a senior (DH - 52). In fact the individual I was speaking with was down right rude:mad: I finally got her to agree to senior rate for 5 days and the next days are at an even higher rate than the peak season rate on the web.

Okay I'm feeling a little bit better:rolleyes: now that I've let off some steam - thanks for listening.

Anyone have any suggestions - also any suggestions for getting a good rate for 3 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Studios.

Diane, did she give you any explanation? (Not that there is any, but . . .) Would it have worked if you had booked online? For now, I'd immediately call/email the hotel management directly and question if you had misunderstood, or if they are changing things, that sort of thing. Going in with a cool head, all your facts listed in front of you etc should help. It might not give you the rate that you believe that you should get, but it will get you some peace of mind. I've been watching those senior rates, too. DH is part of the half-century group! :cool: Let us know how you make out!

Hi Debbie - When I asked her why the rate was different from that posted on the web I was advised that the rates on the web are subject to change without notice. I called a local travel agent and the price she quoted me for a 2 bedroom classic suite was lower than the price given to me HIFS, but still not as low as web site. Travel agent is also going to work at getting me an even lower rate using the senior discount - I hope :).

DH is going to call tonight and see what kind of a rate he can get.
Maybe I just got someone in a bad mood today. If he is quoted the same rate as I was we will request to speak to someone in management for an explanation.

I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks for replying Debbie:p

P.S. I'm not gonna let this put a damper on my trip - We're gonna have a great time

DH just got off the phone with HIFS - we are staying there from December 17 to Dec 28 - 11 nights and we got a rate of $100.00 per night. :bounce: :bounce:
I am sooo happy with that rate :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

She also advised us that HIFS is having a rate increase real soon- just thought I'd pass on the info.

So nice that you were able to get such a great rate! :sunny: (And such a great time of year for a Florida vacation away from the Manisnowba winter! :) )

I really love HIFS! Such a great hotel! :)

Great news, Diane! Now GO and have a FABULOUS time!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter