Help! How should I do this?

Debby7

DIS Veteran
My family has decided that we would like to use points to stay at the Yacht and Beach Club next August. (One room,5 people)Now I see that Beach Club Villas may be open at that time.I know that when VWL opened you could no longer exchange into the Wilderness lodge itself.Will this be the same at Beach Club ? Also I would prefer to stay in the villas if possible, but if I have already exchanged into the regular resort, I don't think that I can get those points back to try to book villas. What are my chances of getting a 2 bdrm at BCV 4 months after it opens if it is not my home resort? Should I book at my home resort,OKW, and hope that I can switch at seven months out? Will I be able to switch to BCV if they aren't open yet at 7 months out?

Has anyone ever had an experience similiar? Thanks!

I say book at OKW and then try to change to BCV. My guess is you will be able to pull off the exchange if you stay on top of it. The worse case is you will have to stay at OKW this trip and book BWV for your next trip. Just from the view point of how much better the use of your points will be by staying at a DVC property will be worth the wait!

Terry

You have raised some very good questions...all of which will have to be answered by DVC. Until a firm opening date for BCV is announced, no plans can be made thru Disney.

It is also possible (likely) that DVC reservations on points may not be allowed until well after the resort opens- as was the case with VWL. VWL opened for cash ressies in Nov, 2000, but no DVC reservations started until Jan. 14, 2001.

I'd reserve at OKW until you have more information about the resevation status for BCV.

Stay Tuned!

Hmm...now that's interesting! I am curious to see how long Disney will wait until they set a firm release date on the BCV. I agree with Doc--go with the OKW stay unless you have this overwhelming desire to stay at the Yacht & Beach Club. :D

Doc, at what point in time were people allowed to call and start making point reservations at VWL?

RweTHEREyet:

I checked my old reservation confirmation from last year.

On 10-17-2000 I made a reservation for a 2-5-2001 check-in at VWL, staying on points. So that was before the resort was even open for the cash stays.

P.S. We had a great time. VWL is great.

Hope this helps

To Everyone: Thanks! Sounds like I will make a ressie at OKW and try to switch it to BCV when possible.

Another Question: If I make ressie at OKW and BCV are not available yet, could I try to switch at 7 months to BWV and still be able to make another switch to BCV if they became available?

IF the BCV starts taking reservations for DVC and is within 7 months of your trip, it should be fairly easy for you to reserve, especially if you call right away. The reason for that is that you will be within the 7 month booking window, so able to switch right away, yet BCV hasn't been taking reservations yet so you don't have people with a 4 month head start on trying to get the same reservations!

If you really want to stay in the Epcot area I would definately try to switch to BWV at the 7 month window. If you're not successful, you at least have another chance when the BCV's open up

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter