HELP! I need Bday party ideas for 9YO boys!

B3LM

Disney Fan
My DS is turning 9 on 8/13. We're having a sleepover party with about 8 of his friends. I can't seem to come up with ideas on keeping them busy! Girls are so much easier because you can do so many crafts, painting fingernails, etc. with them! HELP!!!

Here's the plan...
Boys arrive at 6:00pm on a Friday night. We'll serve pizza, cake, and ice cream for dinner. I have a pinata for them to break. I figure I'll rent a video and around 9:00 or 10:00, we'll get them situated in their sleeping bags, start the movie, and have popcorn and other snacks.

Saturday morning, we'll feed them breakfast. Parents pick them up at 9:30am.

Should I do any kind of craft with them? Any ideas on games?
HELP, please!

Beth :confused:

By the way, the theme is SpongeBobSquarePants!

When my son was 7, we made shrinky-dinks. We traced Pokemon pitures that we got off the internet and traced them onto the shrinky plastic and colored them with colored pencils(I had to kind of rough up the surface with sandpaper to insure the color would stick). We punched holes in them before they baked and shrunk them down and put chains on them for necklaces. Obviously you'd have to do SpongeBob and keychains instead of necklaces, but I think all ages of kids like shrinky-dinks. They sell the supplies at craft stores.

We have a 9 year old and the boys just played nintendo and told ghost. they didn't want to do any games just play with what Kevin had while they waited for their turn Also they played computer games.

My guess is that 9 year old boys would want to pass on the crafts. I would get at least two movies, have plenty of the snacks and if you have a Nintendo or Sega or something similar you will be just fine.

Good luck......8 boys, oh my!

:bounce::wave::bounce:

I;ve seen some 9 year olds that like model airplanes/helicopters...

I've also seen 9 year old that like to play outside, and do water balloons, super soakers, drip drip drop..

Another neat one would be a "Survivor"Basic Training obstacle course... I've seen this done in a book, tires in the backyard, big tube to crawl over, pushup contest...

I agree with Cindy B, boys that age would love water games.

Thanks for all the great ideas! We did the water games last year, but maybe we'll do some this year, too. They did enjoy it!

Anyone else have suggestions?
Beth

hot fudge sundaes and banana splits.....get a few half gallons of ice cream.....a jar of hot fudge sauce...a few bananas.....butterscotch.....strawberries...and it worked really well......the kids loved it....in fact we did it later the same year with my brownie troop......the girls were of course messier....hahaha

My son is younger (6 yo), but I have to say he and friends just love to horseplay.

Move the furniture out of the way and let 'em wrestle!

I'd say let them have a sponge toss outside.

I love the sponge toss idea! Wet sponges and boys sounds like a great combination! Thanks!

Beth

When I had a b-day party for my son, I had 2 huge containers of Legos out for them to build with while kids were arriving. When everyone was there, I split them into 3 teams and had a timed contest: which team could build the highest Lego tower without it falling down. Another game they LOVED was when I chose 2 of the smallest boys and split them and the rest into 2 teams. I put my husband's sweatsuits on each small boy. Then I had huge garbage bags of small, inflated balloons. Again, I timed them and saw which team could stuff the most balloons into its guy's sweatsuit in 4 minutes or so. I took pictures at the end. They (and we) laughed so hard throughout that whole game. We also played "Hot Potato," which they enjoyed. The card game "Spoons" is also lots of fun for a group.
I would definitely have at least some activities planned. Nothing good can come of 8 boys left to their own devices! Good luck to you!
Oh, another idea. They could "make their own" pizzas. You could have premade crusts, and bowls of different toppings they can choose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!