HELP! I need some guidence on the free dining plan deal!!!

littleladykaty

DIS Veteran
Okay, now I'm hearing abou this free dining plan...I've already booked my honeymoon with the Magic Your Way package w/out dining...so if we now add the dining plan...does that mean we can add it, as it says, for *free* to our package and therefore eat for free at certain places a few times while at Disney? This seems entirely too good to be true!!! Can you even add the dining plan if you've already paid in full? I'd love for someone to spell this out for me!

please, I need some help!!! My fiance is fussing about the cost of everything and this would be just the thing to hush him up!!! :cool1:

You need to call whomever did your ressie (AAA, Disney Travel, etc). Since you have paid if full, they should be able to change your ressie and apply the balance paid and refund the difference if there is any.

Be aware, there are only limited amount of rooms and availability for this package, so you may not be able to switch everything and keep the same.

Basically you get 3TS, 3CS and 3 snacks per person per day. You can use the credits however you wish. There is a lot of discussion on the dining plan thread, check it out. Good luck

I just cancelled my reservation and got a new one with the Disney dining plan! It does seem to good to be true! Just call Disney and make sure there are no cancellation/change penalties and do it. Congrats on the wedding and have a great honeymoon!

Thanks all...so let me get this straight...I'd have to call Disney and rebook with the added dining plan that would cost exactly the same as before b/c the dining plan is FREE?! Wow...crazy...

now can someone tell me what TS and CS etc means and how many points per meal?

oh lord I"m confused...but cautiously excited!!! :cool1:

thelionqueen said:
Basically you get 3TS, 3CS and 3 snacks per person per day. You can use the credits however you wish. There is a lot of discussion on the dining plan thread, check it out. Good luck

Maybe it is 1 TS 1 CS and 1 snack per person per day, just a thought!

littleladykaty said:
Thanks all...so let me get this straight...I'd have to call Disney and rebook with the added dining plan that would cost exactly the same as before b/c the dining plan is FREE?! Wow...crazy...

now can someone tell me what TS and CS etc means and how many points per meal?

oh lord I"m confused...but cautiously excited!!! :cool1:

Like the others have said, there is a lot of info on this board for you to read, but the reader's digest version is this...

YOU WILL EAT LIKE A PIG FOR YOUR ENTIRE STAY AT DISNEY AT JUST ABOUT ANY RESTAURANT YOU WANT AND YOU WON'T PAY A PENNY! Even your tax and 18% tip is included.

Every day each member of your party will get one TS, one CS, and one snack.

TS = table service (sit-down) meal or character dining experience. If it isn't a buffet, you can order any appetizer, entree, dessert, and beverage (non-alcoholic). Some places will allow a milkshake to count as the beverage.

CS = counter service. You can get one combo meal with drink and dessert

Snack = ice cream, popcorn, drink, etc. (varies by park and hotel)

Most places offer huge portions and meal-sharing is allowed, so if you want you can split meals and use the extra credits to pay for the 3rd meal each day.

I just got back from WDW last night. We ate like pigs and had a very hard time using all of our credits.

thelionqueen said:
You need to call whomever did your ressie (AAA, Disney Travel, etc). Since you have paid if full, they should be able to change your ressie and apply the balance paid and refund the difference if there is any.

Be aware, there are only limited amount of rooms and availability for this package, so you may not be able to switch everything and keep the same.

You get one of each type of credit per day not 3.

Good for you!!! Free food and $156 back - what a deal!!! :thumbsup2

HayGan said:
You get one of each type of credit per day not 3.

I'm guessing that person probably traveled with three people and just got confused when he/she made his post.

Sorry, should'nt have added per day, meant everyone...thanks for catching my oopsie..but I knew you had my back :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter