Help in choosing a conference hotel

Depends on the type of conference.

Is it a conference where you mostly be at the conference attending meetings, training sessions, meet and greets lunch for most of the day reaching into the night. Or will there be gaps of an hour or two during the day/night.

If it is the former, Coronado would work, where you travel to the Contemporary and spend the day there. However if there is an hour or two of down time during sessions I would consider staying at the Contemporary or perhaps one of the other Monorail resorts. This would give you time to get back to your room to take care of things or relax.

One advantage to the Contemporary is if you want to do some schmoozing, the Outer Rim lounge is open from noonish. The Poly also has an indoor lounge open during the day. The GF doesn't have this option until around 3pm

It mostly depends on your budget, your personal preferences and how the conference is arranged. If the various meetings/events last all day, there will be less free time vs. having a LOT of free time between meetings/events and if staying elsewhere, you will have fewer options where to go.

Might also consider where your co-workers are staying if you like doing things as a group outside of the meetings.

We stayed at the Contemporary earlier this year and it is still the only Disney resort where the monorail goes through the building which is always fun to see. We had no issues with elevators or noise and were staying in the main tower.

As an update, I went with the Contemporary for my reservation. For the conference rate my only option was the garden wing; a little disappointed that I won't overlook the monorail, but for the price they're offering beggars can't be choosers. I'm hoping for a ground floor room so I have a chance at a little patio space, but in the online check-in the only request options are "highest floor" and "upper floor". If I don't choose either, I guess I have a coin-flip chance of a ground level room?

Thanks for the reminder about the Outer Rim. When I think cocktails at Contempo, my brain immediately thinks of California Grill. I'll be going solo, but may bump into customers while there, so always good to have an option nearby for schmoozing.

Despite the bland corporate deco, I'm excited for my first stay at the Contempo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter