Help! Is this a legit and safe option for discounted DL tickets?

Bethany Brown

Wishes 91
I'm in a bit of a bind financially due to some last minute bills that crept up on me. I'm looking into possible ways to get discounted park tickets. Has anyone used Get Away Today to buy park tickets? Is there another source you have used without any hiccups you would recommend? I'm afraid to buy discounted tickets not from Disney only for it to end up being a scam once I get there and not be able to get in, or have to put out more money for tickets so I can get in. Thanks so much for the help!

Yes, Get Away Today is legit and you are fine to buy tickets from them.

Generally the best ticket price seems to be Last Minute Travel Club or LMT Club. They have a "membership fee" but its very easy to find promo codes for a free membership with a google search.

I and many others on this board have use LMT Club many times. Undercover Tourist and aRes are other legitmate resellers that are often recommended here (as well as Get Away Today).

I was shocked to find out my work (when I worked) actually sold tickets and at a decent doscount too. If there's any chance yours does the same, it could save you a bunch.

Right now it appears that Undercover Tourist has the best rates. I have used them for my WDW tickets and had a great experience! They are an authorized reseller. If you subscribe to the Mousesavers newsletter there will be an UT link in it that will save you even more.

I'm in a bit of a bind financially due to some last minute bills that crept up on me. I'm looking into possible ways to get discounted park tickets. Has anyone used Get Away Today to buy park tickets? Is there another source you have used without any hiccups you would recommend? I'm afraid to buy discounted tickets not from Disney only for it to end up being a scam once I get there and not be able to get in, or have to put out more money for tickets so I can get in. Thanks so much for the help!

Yes, they're legit. I've also used last minute travel club and Orbitz. Orbitz occasionally has deals through Ebates for a higher percentage back.

Have bought them from Get Away today with no issues. Even cheaper is Last Minute Travel Club (google for a free code for the $50 fee to signup) and once again no issues with them.

Check Mousesavers.com for the latest deals on DLR tickets and other things. If third party vendors are listed there, they are legit. Also look at AAA, Costco (for package deals), and aRes Travel.

Get Away today for us looked cheaper but when I put them in the cart, the "fees" made them more expensive than directly from Disney!

Get Away today for us looked cheaper but when I put them in the cart, the "fees" made them more expensive than directly from Disney!
I think you're referring to their "peace of mind" insurance, which is totally optional and can be removed from your cart.

It has been a while since I looked, but it was through my husband’s employer’s benefits site. The initial price looked low, but then it added booking fees and tax (tax is not charged on theme park tickets if you buy them in California, but these were coming from a reseller which I guess was not based in California, and they therefore had to charge tax; I live in Texas), and the total was more than Disney. I do not think it was an insurance add on or I would have noticed that one. It was the tax (I was buying 4 day hoppers for 4 people so that really adds up) that made the price too high for us compared to Disney, as I recall.

I bought 5 day hoppers from Last Minute Travel for $339.53 - which is over $55 savings from the Disneyland.com prices. I found those to be the cheapest of any other site. There were no other fees associated with my transaction.

Some people use Tickets at Work through the HR dept. at their employer. But as a pp mentioned, beware of taxes and hidden fees. NB: there is no tax on theme park tickets in CA like there is in FL.
Be careful about using Working Advantage, which is connected to Tickets At Work. Someone posted here recently about using Working Advantage to get discounted DLR tickets and receiving used tickets which were stopped at the gate. A search on Yelp showed many complaints about the same issue for other tickets with this same company.
I agree with the pp that LMT usually has the lowest discount prices on multiday DLR tickets with no risk involved.

I bought 5 day hoppers from Last Minute Travel for $339.53 - which is over $55 savings from the Disneyland.com prices. I found those to be the cheapest of any other site. There were no other fees associated with my transaction.
If upgrading to an annual pass, would you get credit for $339.53 or $395?

Myself and others here have routinely been credited the full "gate" price (so $395 in your example) for LMT Club tickets when using them to upgrade to a pass but there is no guarantee. The most recent time I upgraded an LMT Club ticket (which was a few weeks ago- 3 day PH to the new Flex Passport) I did it through the app and the app credited me the gate price.

Myself and others here have routinely been credited the full "gate" price (so $395 in your example) for LMT Club tickets when using them to upgrade to a pass but there is no guarantee. The most recent time I upgraded an LMT Club ticket (which was a few weeks ago- 3 day PH to the new Flex Passport) I did it through the app and the app credited me the gate price.
Same. I was credited $395. :)

Hi there-

Curious where you ended up purchasing your tickets, and if you were credited the full value when upgrading to annual passes or the discounted value (if you ended up doing so).

We've got tickets from Getaway Today for our trip in September, and are kicking around the idea of upgrading to annual passes. Full "gate" credit would certainly sweeten the prospect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter