Help! Last Minute Misty Mate Purchase!

robinb

DIS veteran
I'm leaving tomorrow and I was packing my new Misty Mates I bought on Ebay a couple of months back. My husband opened one up and found out that it's a version that needs to be filled from a hose and not from a faucet! Arrrgggg!:mad: Well, that's $20 down the drain!

I was so complacent that I had my Misty Mates for my whole family and now I don't :(. Does anyone know where can I get a couple at the last minute? For cheap?

We have 5 of them and I never knew that there were different kinds! What does the inside look like?

I don't know if you have a Walgreens Drug store in your area, but they carry them. Also try Eckerds!

Vonda

Robin,

The bottles that you bought shouldn't be just for the hose. Apparently, there are some that come with the extras to hook it up to your hose, but still have the "regular" stuff. In order to use it in the parks, you need the pump that screws on the bottle and the black hose attached to the bottle with the silver nozzle. The attachments for the water hose should be white.

HTH,

Vonda

Thanks, VondaP. I'll check WalMart and Walgreens tomorrow in Orlando. I managed to dig up my Squeeze Breeze and an old Misty Mate, so I won't be totally hot. I'm just sorry that my Mother and Sister were relying on me to come through with the Misty Mates :(.

I looked at the Misty Mates I got from ebay again and they do not have any kind of hand pump. They are "pre pressurized" and the only way to get water into them in through the hose attachment. I think these are older versions.

Robi,

I hope you find them! I know our Walgreens has them.

I know how you feel on letting your family down, I've done that before and you feel like a heel, but.....on the bright side, you are going to DW and that makes everything better!

Vonda

PS - the Squeeze Breeze will work great!!

We bought ours at Target. Of course, you can find them in the parks, but they certainly cost more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter