Help: Last minute trip DVC resort booking question

ascardino

DIS Veteran
We just booked airfare for a last minute trip 9/13-9/16 and there are slim pickings (expected) to get a room for the 3 nights consecutively.

I see either one night or 2 nights split with no availability for the middle night all in one bedrooms. Really no studios except at AKL but still not for all 3 nights.

So what would you all recommend for the greatest chance at success? Should I book the 2 nights at one resort and the third at another which would mean moving every night and waitlist for the middle night?

I could get a 2 bedroom at SSR or OKW which seems like a waste of points for all 3 nights.

What resort waitlists do you think have the greatest movement or chance of opening up??

TIA!!!!

If you can get the three nights now book!! Waitlist whatever makes the most sense to you! You are within the time that extra points you do not use for the final reservation will go into holding. So, I would not book the two bedroom stay unless you are happy to stay there.

At this point, with just under a month, I would book what you can and stalk the website to piece together something (along with a wait list). I have had good luck lately in adjusting some trips this way, including hard to get December!

The only way to not move it seems is to book a 2 bedroom, but once you do, you would be stuck as you are within 31 days and any change would result in holding points. I think that SSR, OKW and AKV are your best bets for changes and movement so I would focus in on those! Good luck!

Rent out your points and pay cash for a hotel room.
Definitely thought about it. I know I would most likely make money on that deal. But I called this morning and low and behold BWV in a 1 bedroom the first 2 and a studio on the last night was magically available pixiedust:

So, with being so convenient and close to F&WF I went for it!

Definitely thought about it. I know I would most likely make money on that deal. But I called this morning and low and behold BWV in a 1 bedroom the first 2 and a studio on the last night was magically available pixiedust:

So, with being so convenient and close to F&WF I went for it!
Just don't partake of too many beverages on the day you move to the studio. You might not be able to find your villa. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!