Help! Leave tomorrow, DH Broken Foot!

Ali

Resorts are my favorite part of the vacation
Ok, I know it is possible to do Disney in a wheelchair, but how about people who have never used a wheelchair before - how hard is it to use all day long? I will be pushing a stroller for my DS or carrying him I guess, and DH will be hobbling on crutches or in W/C. I am off to read everything I can find. I guess I'm looking for support! What do I need to know now?

Alicia

I strongly suggest you contact one of the local companies and rent an ECV for this trip. There is no way that you can push a wheelchair and a stroller at the same time and using a wheelchair in the parks if you are not used to it can be difficult and tiring.

I guess I'm too late to post since you are there by now, but wanted to agree with Talking Hands. Hobbling around on crutches will not work - way too much distance to cover. An ecv is your best choice, since pushing is not easy all day for someone who is not used to it - you use muscles all day that are not otherwise used that heavily.
Hope things worked out for you.

Thanks for the responses. I ended up pushing DH with DS on his lap all day. I discovered that hills are hard! and I now know where the hills and ramps are in MGM and MK, and I know how to circumvent them when I am too tired to make it uphill! I worked muscles I didn't know I had, but we did it. I don't think I'd want to do it again though! :)

Thanks for reporting back. I wondered how you did.

It's hard to push a wheelchair, but just think of all those newly toned muscles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter