HELP! Making Ressies with Dreams, need advice!

mom2grace

DIS Veteran
Hi!! Cathy at Dreams has been FANTASTIC!! Cruising 1-26, need to make payment by 5pm TONIGHT! (We are not usually spur-of-the-moment travelers, that's a whole other ball of anxiety!)

Traveling with DD 8 months.

#1 Not using Disney transfers to ship due to no seat belts, no way to strap her in?! Have used TTC in the past, any other suggestions?

#2 Trip Insurance....we are thinking of buying it in case DD is ill, are there other companies besides the one that Disney uses? Worried about "ill baby" but not "hospitalized baby".

Any other advice is truly appreciated!

Thanks,
Susan Bryan and Grace

Hi Susan -- congrats on your upcoming cruise, you'll have a BLAST! :)

TTC is a great option to get to the port. Another alternative is to rent a car yourself (AVIS would be my choice) and drive. They have a drop-off location less than a mile from the port at the nearby Radisson Hotel, and they have a free shuttle to and from the port. You can then use your own car seat to strap in your baby. You can check pricing and availability online at www.avis.com and the rental code for the Port Canaveral location is P3F.

Other travel insurers include CSA, which can be found at www.csatravelprotection.com . Be sure to check out whether or not you can purchase a policy after final payment is made, though, many insurers do not allow that. You may be better off going with DCL insurance at this late date.

Have a great cruise! :)

Dear Michelle,

Thank you! I called CSA and they sound like a match for our needs! Magic here we come!

Susan Bryan and Grace

Have a wonderful time!! I have some friends that I met on our Oct cruise going on your cruise and I wish I were going too!! :)

Hope your daughter stays healthy and happy to hear (but not surprised!) that our office "Cathy" was so helpful, she is a great lady!

I have also used Tiffany a number of times for trips to the Port and highly recommend them.
Enjoy!!!
Cathy

What does TTC stand for? Are they on the web? We are also going on the 01/26/02 cruise and the Happy Limo rates posted on their website are more that it would cost to go through Disney (for the 2 of us). Any other options? Also, out TA said that once we arrive at the airport, there would be loads of transportation available to choose from, but I think I might rather have something planned before we get there. Thanks! :)

TTC is Tiffany Town Car. We have used them to get to WDW, it is first-class. They are a little less than Happy Limo---$140 roundtrip. We are not using Disney transport because the buses don't have seat belts and we have an 8 month old and we would have no way to strap her in (and we would have to hold her!). We are pretty safety-conscious, we buy her a seat on the airplane too. TTC number is 1-888-838-2161, they also have a website.

Good luck!

Susan Bryan and Grace

Ditto TTC is a class act!

I called after reading about the great recommendations on this board back in December and was quoted a round trip rate of $250 for the stretch.

We then changes our air travel for the day prior and when I called TTC to confirm the reservation at the rate they quoted they explained the rate was based on RT from the airport NOT Orlando Buena Suites (where we are staying) OOOPPSSS
That messed up the budget a little. I just reminded them of all the wonderful things I read on this forum and how hight they came recommended and they were so nice they honored the same RT rate (even thought from what they explained it is normally slightly higher due to the distance)

We're happy and looking forward to a great surprise for the kids in our group...they have always wanted to ride in the limo!!

Adria
:bounce: :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce:

You can get a discount on Happy Limo by using the coupon on my website. We used to do the Disney buses but have really been spoiled by using a towncar now.
As for trip insurance, we have never bought it in 17 trips and have never needed it (I did have an injury on one of our trips, but my medical insurance paid for the $700 treatment). But I always do worry because we fly out of Chicago, where the weather can be unpredictable in the winter. So far, so good...
To minimize the chances of missing our plane, we either take the first flight in the morning or fly out the night before.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter