Help me calm down please!!

Just want to mention that whenever a bat is in the house it should be killed and tested for rabies. You might want to call your doctor to see if he feels you should get vaccinated. Bats can land on you while you are sleeping and that is considered rabies exposure. They can bite you without you even knowing it. The same thing happened to my friend and the whole family had to get vaccinated. On the other hand my parents live behind a car dealership with the high lights on all night and always have bats in their attic. They have gotten in the house frequently over the years and they also just shoo them out.

Hey! Call me next time!! By the time I got there the little thing would be long gone, but at least I can talk to you! I don't know if that would have done any good, but you never know. :) :)

I like bats. :earseek: I'm not afraid of them at all! I found one at the grocery store one time. :teeth: I dumped the groceries out of my bag and put him in there to take him to the nature center so they could treat and release him (he was hurt, he couldn't fly). :teeth: He died on the way there though. :( :( You can call me anytime!!! I would have sat outside on the deck and watched the meteors and laughed, I mean talked, to you. :D :D

<~~~~~~~~~~~~Making a list of bat contacts! And Shep is the snake contact, right?

smhair2.gif

I have such a fear of mice and the thought of one with wings...
errrr.gif

I have to agree with Kallison. If that bat did anything that normal bats didn't do, you really should get rabbies shots. They're not nearly as bad as they used to be. There are a lot less of them, and they don't put them in your stomach. You can get rabbies even if the bat just bumped up against you. My sister and BIL had to go through the shots after they shared their honeymoon cabbin in the mountains with a bat.

Yep the bat is gone now Shannon, but I am still freaked out! I called the health authorities to report it and all...and my landlord to check it out to see if there is going to be a problem.

I don't wannna see anymore bats in my room!

Bats freak me out, too. I also don't like birds flying around my head all that much.

Wow, and I was freaked out about my stalker mouse. I think I would have had a heart attack if I saw a bat in my bedroom. You are far braver than me. I would never have gone back in that room. Congrats to you for being brave enough to vanquish the pesky devil!

let me know if you need help again...I'll bring my racket over...:o

Mickey65, not to frighten you, but what kind of cooling system do you have? Could it have gotten in through some kind of hvac duct?

That is so strange... I was just talking to a co-worker and her SO had to come into the ER about 3 nights ago... He was sleeping in his room and woke up in the middle of the night because something bit him... It was a bat!! He is not at all happy because of all the shots he has to get now...

I have base board heaters Shannon and I live in an apartment building.

I called the health unit to see if I needed any treatment and they said if I did not feel the bat on me at all then I should be fine.

I am worried about the kitties though...Lucy was trying to catch it.

Glad to hear the bat is gone. I'd think I would freak out if that flew into my house... Not even sure if we have bats up here (although I'm sure they probably are up this far).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter