Help me choose our dinners...please.

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
Hi all. DH and I will be returning to WDW after a 6 year hiatus. I know there are so many new dining options. We will have 5 dinners and one being an anniversary dinner. DH says we *have* to go to Raglan Road one day/night; he thinks he's Irish, he was adopted, long story. :lmao: He loves all things Irish.

We are staying at AKV so Jiko or Sanaa are strong maybes though we have dined at Sanaa.

We are not picky, no allergies, he's more of a foodie than I am, and we like to imbibe. We will be there this August. This trip is for our anniversary.

:thanks:

Last edited:
Since you're staying at AKL, I'd suggest Boma. Jiko and Sanaa are amazing too, so no discouragement there,..but...the thing I like about Boma is that I can try things that I otherwise would not order from a fixed menu. I am an adventurous eater though, so....that may not fit your style. Rose & Crown might satisfy some of your husband's love for the British Isles cuisine. We love it there for that reason. For a more formal (anniversary) dinner, some of our favorites are Artist Point and Narcoossee's. Again, to address my own adventures in eating...I love Jungle Navigation Co in MK and Tiffins in Animal Kingdom. Also love Satulii Canteen (QS) and Yak & Yeti (QS or TS) in Animal Kingdom. Many rave about the Boathouse in DS, but I won't get there until next January. No matter where you choose...enjoy! And...Happy Anniversary! party:

Since you're staying at AKL, I'd suggest Boma. Jiko and Sanaa are amazing too, so no discouragement there,..but...the thing I like about Boma is that I can try things that I otherwise would not order from a fixed menu. I am an adventurous eater though, so....that may not fit your style. Rose & Crown might satisfy some of your husband's love for the British Isles cuisine. We love it there for that reason. For a more formal (anniversary) dinner, some of our favorites are Artist Point and Narcoossee's. Again, to address my own adventures in eating...I love Jungle Navigation Co in MK and Tiffins in Animal Kingdom. Also love Satulii Canteen (QS) and Yak & Yeti (QS or TS) in Animal Kingdom. Many rave about the Boathouse in DS, but I won't get there until next January. No matter where you choose...enjoy! And...Happy Anniversary! party:

Thank you! We are adventurous eaters. I will check out all those menus! I haven't heard of Jungle Navigation Co and just looked at the menu for Tiffins.

We did Boma years ago and we ended up in a Boma Coma. It was incredible. I totally forgot about Boma. 5 1/2 days seems hardly enough.

Well I love Boma's as well but my vote is for Jiko's. I think its the best restaurant in WDW. You might check out Ohana's and Yachtsman as well.

Well I love Boma's as well but my vote is for Jiko's. I think its the best restaurant in WDW. You might check out Ohana's and Yachtsman as well.

Thank you! We did 'Ohana in like 2009ish I think. At the time we were not impressed with the service but that was a decade ago. I am sure they have had some turnover. :lmao: The food was really good though.

Jiko is IN! Just need 4 more. Three if DH gets his way to do Raglan Road. ;)

Glad you are doing Jiko's since you can count me in the "love it!" crowd and as you are staying @ AKL it's sooo convenient to get there.
I haven't been to Raglan Road yet but read good of it's entertainment and overall ambiance. Every time we past it no matter the time of day sounds like people are having a good time. Were we not to have an ADR for CG's brunch I'd consider going to RR since their baked eggs have me intrigued and I know the man would enjoy the eggs Benedict.

What other types of food do you like? Asian, steakhouse, fish, Southern.......name your loves:).

Some of our current favorites, for eating and imbibing:

Tiffins (AK)
Morimoto Asia (DS)
Bongos (DS)
Ragland Road (DS)
Hollywood Brown Derby (HS)
Sanaa (AKL)
The Wave (CR)

One trip we took Lyft from AKL to BC, ate at Cape May Cafe, and then a couple drinks at the World Show Case (perhaps the UK pavilion which is a ten minute walk away). Its very relaxing and low key, however you are still in the heart of the action.

I appreciate its not the most adventurous choice, but makes for a dignified and relaxing evening.

Glad you are doing Jiko's since you can count me in the "love it!" crowd and as you are staying @ AKL it's sooo convenient to get there.
I haven't been to Raglan Road yet but read good of it's entertainment and overall ambiance. Every time we past it no matter the time of day sounds like people are having a good time. Were we not to have an ADR for CG's brunch I'd consider going to RR since their baked eggs have me intrigued and I know the man would enjoy the eggs Benedict.

What other types of food do you like? Asian, steakhouse, fish, Southern.......name your loves:).

:yay: Thank you!!! Raglan is super fun from what I remember. We had our 3 kids with us.

We love Italian, a good steak, fish, Asian food is my least favorite. I like sushi but have to be in the mood and then its incredible. Love Indian and Middle Eastern foods. We enjoy Mexican food too but Southern California has incredible options so I am hard to please in the Mexican food dept. DH has been to Africa 3x so thats one of the main reasons we are staying at AKV, he loves the culture.

CG has brunch? That sounds fun. Champagne?

Some of our current favorites, for eating and imbibing:

Tiffins (AK)
Morimoto Asia (DS)
Bongos (DS)
Ragland Road (DS)
Hollywood Brown Derby (HS)
Sanaa (AKL)
The Wave (CR)

Thank you!!! So far Jiko is in and Raglan too. We haven't been to any of the others except Sanaa which we loved. I am going to look at all those menus.

One trip we took Lyft from AKL to BC, ate at Cape May Cafe, and then a couple drinks at the World Show Case (perhaps the UK pavilion which is a ten minute walk away). Its very relaxing and low key, however you are still in the heart of the action.

I appreciate its not the most adventurous choice, but makes for a dignified and relaxing evening.

Cape May Cafe is the crab boil right? Is it family style? We haven't been but I have a friend who eats there on every trip. That sounds like a wonderful evening.

How was the Lyft service?

We love a lot of the Disney Springs restaurNts. Homecoming has reasonably priced comfort food that is delicious. Good if you like, short ribs, fried chicken, green tomatoes, etc. plus really good dessert. Also, love the atmosphere, drinks and seafood at Boathouse. We get appetizers from the raw bar and then enjoy the chicken (brined in apple cider for 24 hours) or the fried fish baskets.

Cape May Cafe is the crab boil right? Is it family style? We haven't been but I have a friend who eats there on every trip. That sounds like a wonderful evening.

How was the Lyft service?

It is a buffet with the crab boil. The Lyft is great, never more than a 10 minute wait even being in a relatively isolated corner of WDW. Also, I think because the area is so popular, we only ever have very clean, considerate drivers. It was maybe $15!

We love a lot of the Disney Springs restaurNts. Homecoming has reasonably priced comfort food that is delicious. Good if you like, short ribs, fried chicken, green tomatoes, etc. plus really good dessert. Also, love the atmosphere, drinks and seafood at Boathouse. We get appetizers from the raw bar and then enjoy the chicken (brined in apple cider for 24 hours) or the fried fish baskets.

Thank you! I need to check out Disney Springs more closely. Someone else mentioned Boathouse in another thread.

It is a buffet with the crab boil. The Lyft is great, never more than a 10 minute wait even being in a relatively isolated corner of WDW. Also, I think because the area is so popular, we only ever have very clean, considerate drivers. It was maybe $15!

Thats fantastic! DH will love this news. He doesn't love the busses and we won't have a car.

We love Kona Cafe, Mama Melrose, and Grand Floridian Cafe. It gets a lot of bad reviews, but we also enjoy Coral Reef.

You will love AKL!

Thank you! We did 'Ohana in like 2009ish I think. At the time we were not impressed with the service but that was a decade ago. I am sure they have had some turnover. :lmao: The food was really good though.

Jiko is IN! Just need 4 more. Three if DH gets his way to do Raglan Road. ;)
Well with Ragland I love the music and the food is good.

My wife and I, both part Irish and lovers of a good pub, was at Ragland Road in May. We had a great time without the kids. Great beer and whiskey selection, unfortunately because of that, I don’t remember what we ate.:drinking1

Another vote for Jiko and Raglan Road.
We also enjoyed Il Mulino at Swan .
Jungle Cruise Skippers Canteen was fun and good food.
Also enjoyed Monsieur Paul for another upscale meal as well as Flying Fish.
Brown Derby at HS was also very good.
AK Tiffins, the Nomad lounge is fun as well

Last edited:
Our favorites include:

EP - Monsieur Paul and Spice Road Table (various QS including Tangierine Cafe and Les Halles des France)
MK - Skipper Canteen
DHS - Hollywood Brown Derby
AK - Tiffins, Tusker House, Y&Y and Nomad Lounge

Resorts - anything at Swan/Dolphin! bluezoo is our favorite
WL - Artist Point
CR - The Wave
AKL - Sanaa and Jiko

Disney Springs - The Boathouse

Other must-do's - stopping at Ample Hills for ice cream!

We love Kona Cafe, Mama Melrose, and Grand Floridian Cafe. It gets a lot of bad reviews, but we also enjoy Coral Reef.

You will love AKL!

We haven’t been to the Grand Floridian Hotel ever so that might be a fun option! Sadly we are one of those that had a terrible experience at Coral Reef. It’s a beautiful restaurant and the fish tanks are so cool but the service was some of the worst we’ve encountered. I don’t remember the food.

Well with Ragland I love the music and the food is good.

It’s a go! We love good food and good music. Do they do live music ever?

My wife and I, both part Irish and lovers of a good pub, was at Ragland Road in May. We had a great time without the kids. Great beer and whiskey selection, unfortunately because of that, I don’t remember what we ate.:drinking1

That’ll be us too. party: We enjoy Irish whiskey.

Another vote for Jiko and Raglan Road.
We also enjoyed Il Mulino at Swan .
Jungle Cruise Skippers Canteen was fun and good food.
Also enjoyed Monsieur Paul for another upscale meal as well as Flying Fish.
Brown Derby at HS was also very good.
AK Tiffins, the Nomad lounge is fun as well

Il Mulino looks really good! I’ve added that to the list.

Our favorites include:

EP - Monsieur Paul and Spice Road Table (various QS including Tangierine Cafe and Les Halles des France)
MK - Skipper Canteen
DHS - Hollywood Brown Derby
AK - Tiffins, Tusker House, Y&Y and Nomad Lounge

Resorts - anything at Swan/Dolphin! bluezoo is our favorite
WL - Artist Point
CR - The Wave
AKL - Sanaa and Jiko

Disney Springs - The Boathouse

Other must-do's - stopping at Ample Hills for ice cream!

Where is Ample Hills?

Love Sanaa too! They have a great wine list. And that bread service.

My list is coming together but subject to change. I spent this raining day reading menus. :blush:

Here’s what I have chosen. Any strong negatives to any of the below?

Jiko
Il Mulino
Tiffins
Raglan Road
Yachtsman Steakhouse

Thank you to everyone again for the replies!

:yay: Thank you!!! Raglan is super fun from what I remember. We had our 3 kids with us.

We love Italian, a good steak, fish, Asian food is my least favorite. I like sushi but have to be in the mood and then its incredible. Love Indian and Middle Eastern foods. We enjoy Mexican food too but Southern California has incredible options so I am hard to please in the Mexican food dept. DH has been to Africa 3x so thats one of the main reasons we are staying at AKV, he loves the culture.

CG has brunch? That sounds fun. Champagne?

Thank you!!! So far Jiko is in and Raglan too. We haven't been to any of the others except Sanaa which we loved. I am going to look at all those menus.

They start serving mimosas at the door and they are unlimited throughout the meal. They are probably made with a Roederer non vintage sparkling brut since that shows up on the dinner menu but don't hold me to the assumption, LOL. Last trip we had Sunday brunch at Narcoossee's and wuvved it (they made a complimentary Bloody Mary to die for; CG charges separately for their version but if it's anything like the one at GF...I'm game) so here's hoping CG lives up to the memory of the other eatery that no longer offers brunch as of mid February.

You like fish so another strong possibility is Flying Fish. I can wax rhapsody about that place (and have) so at this point (I'm getting hungry) will just say read the menu, check out reviews and go. One of the most elegantly conceived restaurants on the property once you get past the misleading exterior signage on the Boardwalk. Ate there twice last trip; once with an ADR and the 2nd time as a walk-in because the memory of the restaurant's offerings were calling us.

The only steakhouse we've eaten at on property is the Boathouse so far. Excellent seafood raw bar and steaks. Desserts eaten were simple but made from quality ingredients. We seem to always go for the ice cream and sorbet desserts there.

ETA - I'm thinking of making a ressie at Yachtman's this trip and the big differences I notice between it and Boathouse is one offers a raw bar and the other doesn't. As well one has aged beef and the other doesn't. I'll be discussing with the man whether he wants to try something different and make a decision accordingly.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter