Help me choose our vacation dates!!!

married2grumpy

DIS Veteran
My husband just received his vacation picks for 2003. We are planning a trip in late April/early May. Those 2 weeks we are sure of. We wanted to go in the summer and fall as well. There are no vacation picks left for him in August and we don't know a thing about Disney in the fall. I also haven't seen a summer/fall 2003 events schedule anywhere to know what events to avoid due to crowds.

Which summer weeks are better-7/14-7/18 or 7/28-8/1? I'm sure there isn't much of a difference in the weather but how about the crowds?

Also, all of October and almost all of November are still available for him. Which weeks have the lowest crowds and the best weather of those 2 months?

Thanks for your opinions. Hopefully we'll be able to save enough for all 3 trips!

I've never been in July, so I can't help you there.

I would go in November. October has gotten busier over the years. I don't even think it's considered off season any more for resort rates.

If you go in October, you'd get to go to the Halloween party. I haven't been yet, but I'd love to! :)

I vote for November. I have gone the first week in November a couple of times. The crowds aren't very bad, and the weather is nice--days are not too hot. Nights can get a bit chilly, but a light jacket or long sleeved shirt will do.

I went in mid-May back in 2001. It was hot, hot, hot. Head pounding hot. (Plus there were wild fires going on down there then, not that that's normal. But, the smokey smell was so bad it made my throat burn). Crowds were heavy, but managable.

Karen

I vote for the last week of October/Halloween week. We did this last year and it was wonderful. Beautiful weather all week and low crowds. We did MNSSHP on Halloween night and although it was crowded the trick or treat lines were very fast. We walked right on some rides. The Halloween parade is GREAT!

Having made three separate trips in October, I'd vote for that!!!

Not only can you work in MNSSHP, you'll also get to enjoy EPCOT's Food/Wine Festival, if you time it right.

And the weather is ideal. It may be a little more crowded than November, but it's warmer for swimming, and let's face it . . . it's really difficult to find a time when it ISN'T crowded!!

I would go in November. But there isnt that big of a difference between Nov and Oct crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter