Help me figure this out.....

DawnM

DIS Veteran
Or not......I am not sure there is really a solution, but maybe someone has a helpful suggestion.
My husband, oldest son, youngest son, and I, all got APs in January and we are set.

We are heading down June 12 for a week. My two college boys want to go as well and we are happy to take them, but they don't have tickets yet. And I don't want to buy them yet because they are not 100% sure they are going. It will depend on them getting a job, getting off for the week, etc.....

The other 4 of us already have reservations for the first 3 days (we have the weekday pass).

Should we be worried that we can't get them added to our reservations if it is last minute?

Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Thank you,

It is very unlikely they won't be able to get the same park reservations as you. But if you want to be 100% sure, you can buy the tickets and apply unused funds to future tickets.
Ok, thanks.
So, the tickets won't actually activate until we scan them the first time? Does it matter if I purchase APs or reg. tickets?

Ok, thanks.
So, the tickets won't actually activate until we scan them the first time? Does it matter if I purchase APs or reg. tickets?
It's the same for both. I think annual passes need to be activated within 1 year of purchase but I'm not sure exactly how long.

Ok, thanks.
When you purchase an AP it is essentially a voucher. You have 1 year from date of purchase to activate/first use the AP; at that point the expiration date is 1 year from first use (the first time the AP is used to enter a park). If not activated within a year of purchase, the voucher expires and converts to a credit good towards a future ticket/AP.

Regular tickets are date-based and expire depending on length and designated start date. If not used within that window, it converts to a credit good towards a future ticket. Regular tickets do not need to be activated.

I doubt if you will have trouble getting theme park reservations for the week of June 12th. It hasn't been an issue for a while now. If concerned, just keep an eye on the reservations calendar and buy tickets if any day go yellow.

Welp, it happened. I purchased the tickets (online) and now my son says he got a job offer. I should have waited. Oh well. We will just bank that $$ for now and use it next year if we have to wait to use it.
Oh well.

Welp, it happened. I purchased the tickets (online) and now my son says he got a job offer. I should have waited. Oh well. We will just bank that $$ for now and use it next year if we have to wait to use it.
Oh well.
SOMETIMES - they will do a refund if you call and talk to them - its about a 50/50 shot - but might be worth it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter