• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

help me find shoes

blessedone

Earning My Ears
me and a 5 year old will be in wdw in september. Any suggestions for
comfortable shoes? sandles or sneakers?:jester: :confused: :confused:

Ive read alot about this. While in the room I would wear comfortable slippers. During the day you'll probaly do alot of walking and many people suggest your most comfortable sneakers, DO NOT buy a pair before you leave and say you'll break them in while @ Disney because you'll want a pair you already used and they fit right and you know they are comfortable and suitable for walking alot. If you and the boy plan on swimming I would say wear a cute pair or flip-flops around the pool and maybe some water shoes. I suggest buying some foot lotion so after along day of walking and your going to rest massage in some foot lotion! :) hope I helped! Have fun! Im leaving soon for Disney World...It'll be my first time!! :)

If you do a search for Teva sandles you will find all the info you will need!! P.S. Don't forget a stroller for the 5year old,they are closer to the hot pavement and even for an Adult it's tiring!!:bounce:

I bought a pair of Nike strap runner ll sandals. They are soooo comfortable. It is like walking on pillows. When I bought them I tried the Teva's too, but these were more comfortable.

If you are looking for a sneaker-type shoe, try New Balance 608. I bought a pair a few weeks before our last trip and the salesgirl told me that I would love them and I do! I didn't have a chance to break them in before the trip, but I didn't need to - they were great! No blisters either! Enjoy your trip!

I just bought a pair of Easy Spirit walking shoes and they are like walking on clouds. My feet have never felt so good in a pair of shoes!!

Good luck!

I live in "Birkenstocks", so does my whole family - except my mother who hates them. Last year I bought fake "birks" through LLBEAN - $29 (compared to around $90/100 for real birks.) IMHO they are just as great and come with a lifetime warrenty!! If you've never tried them I recommend them highly. They conform exactly to your foot, and despite mom's opinion they are very comfortable. You will need to wear them in first.

I second the Nike athletic sandals. I have a pair, bought them right before a trip to FL last December and used them to walk all over everywhere, including WDW. Not a blister to report, and my feet dried off quickly in the rain.:D

My sister swears by her Tevas.

As for your 5 year old, I too was on a search for sandals for her. From these boards I went with the Lands End (pink for my girl) and they are a winner. Shipping was really fast too. I myself am still trying to find Nike strap runners to try. Did not like the Tevas.

I agree about the Nike Straprunner!!! Just bought them this weekend thanks to advice on these boards & they are soooo comfortable. Got them at a Nike outlet for $29.99.

Can't wait to try them out in Disney!!

Both DH and I always wore Birk's for about 10 years and our feet kill us now when we put them on ..... We switched to Teva Circuits, thanks to the wonderful info. on these boards....Teva circuits are the best sandals I've ever had, and I wear them all the time. In fact I just bought a pair of the leather circuits...:)
Also, New Balance sneakers are Great....Make sure they have the ABZORB insole in them. They make cheaper ones that don't have the better insole...:cool:

I bought the Nike Straprunner 2's this past week, and I have to say at first they were really comfortable...now I'm not so sure. Have worn them off and on for a week, and the straps are rubbing uncomfortably against the sides of my feet. If I loosen the strap, then my little toe sticks out and rubs bad. Also, the bottom has a puzzle pattern on them so they will be skid resistant when wet, but it actually iritates my feet. Very cushy though.

I went today to a shoe store that carries "everything", and tried on everything from Birks to Tevas. I ended up buying a pair of S.A.S. Wow, are they comfy and nice, but very expensive!Cost me $94 plus tax. But, I think I could wear these forever! I will let you all know how I like them! So far, heavenly! So, my reccomendation is to try on lots and lots of shoes, and find the one that is right for your foot. As the saying goes, one's man treasure is another man's trash, or something like that!

I got my Straprunners today and from the moment I put them on, pure bliss :)

Now whether that bliss will last through a week of touring parks, I don't know but right now they are more comfy than any of my other shoes!

*fingers crossed*

They are really hard to find though. I went to my local Nike outlet and they didn't have them. I finally found them at Athlete's Foot but the only color they had was black. Oh well, they're not the most stylish footwear I own but hopefully they'll do the job :)

I bought some Skecher slip-on athletic/walking shoes about a month ago for our trip to WDW in 3 weeks. I have found them surprisingly comfy. And there are no backs to rub blisters on your feet!

I swear by my standard Reebok Classic Sneakers..I have arthritis in my feet and they seem to make them feel the best for hours of walking...

DH loves his New Balance ones..swears by them for comfort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter