Help me find something cool and relaxing for 3 generations to do on May 6 from noon-5pm

hodad

DIS Veteran
We're taking my mother-in-law, who has stage 4 cancer and consequently very little energy, out for an early Mother's Day brunch at Splashes in Laguna Beach. She has requested that we get an early dinner at her favorite restaurant in Tustin at 5pm. The family has asked me, Hodad The Disney Planner, to find someplace relaxing and not hot where we could take it easy in between meals.

This is no easy task, since it's last minute, but I'd appreciate help coming up with ideas. They asked if I could book a hotel room with a pool, but those are the hours in the day when hotels are not available. We have lots of rewards points, so that's an option.

Wherever we go, it can't require too much walking or too much time in the heat.

Can you help me come up with a solution? Thanks so much!

They asked if I could book a hotel room with a pool, but those are the hours in the day when hotels are not available. We have lots of rewards points, so that's an option.
I'd do that. While check in is generally later, most hotels will let you check in and use the facilities before the room is ready. If you are a Hilton honors member, you'll be able to check in via their app and choose your room the day before. I've had access to my room at noon doing it that way before, but that is dependent on if the room was already cleared, of course.

At first, I was going to suggest hanging out in Downtown Disney or the lobby area of CGH, but if it is busy, it will be tiring just because of all the people/noise even if she is sitting somewhere the whole time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!