Help Me Girls trip

disneynp

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone it’s been a while.
So I have a friend wanting to do a trip to LA feb 21-24 for her bday. She wants to go to Disney and hiking and bungee jumping. My concern is the drive from la to Disneyland for one day. So I was looking for suggestions on doing Disney Sunday or Monday and where to stay? She looked for an airbnb but only saw three bedrooms. So help me y’all.
She said Santa Ana or monarch beach resort

STRs usually aren't recommended around here for a variety of reasons ("Apartment-like" Lodging near Disneyland). These threads have good information for you:
"HydroGuy's Hotel Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199862
"Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You" www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/.
If you can stay within walking distance or close driving distance so that you can use ART or the TS shuttles or Uber/Lyft, that will make your DLR life much easier. Santa Ana or Monarch Beach are far for commuting to the parks if you'll be doing RD or multiple days. (And it's worth doing more than one day at DLR if at all possible.) It's doable, but not practical or efficient. Save Monarch Beach for before or after DLR, especially if you'll be doing multiple park days. Why Santa Ana? If it's for lower hotel rates, you can find those much closer to the parks. Do you have WDW experience? If so, read this classic thread: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets.
Check the AP Blockout Calendar for the Sunday and Monday in question -- whichever date has more passes blocked should be better crowd-wise. Mondays usually aren't the best days (What’s up with Mondays?).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter