• Norwegian Getaway

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • None, other

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Booked the Horizon. Aft extended family harbor balcony. Excited! Friends joining us too.
Wow - how did you get from the cheapest inside to an aft balcony :p? That's a nice category and I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice. I really loved St. Kitts. The people there were really genuine and the island isn't as developed as many but they do have a very nice port complex, which I don't think was very badly affected by the hurricanes. If you find yourself wanting a lovely, relaxing excursion check out the Sugar Train. :sail:

We're also searching for a cruise this Fall. Looking at an 8 day on the Carnival Conquest that includes St. Kitts, St. Thomas, San Juan & Grand Turk. It would be a different itinerary for us!

We might in the minority, but we really enjoy Carnival. We're also a young couple without kids, but we aren't huge partiers or drinkers either. We've always had a great experience with food, entertainment, guest service, etc. No complaints here :goodvibes

We also considered the Oasis & the Allure, but after doing a video tour on Youtube, we just aren't sure we'd enjoy ships that size! I know there is tons to do, but I like the feeling of actually being on a ship, being able to see the ocean, etc. Those megaships are beautiful, but almost too hotel-like for us.

We are considering an NCL ship as well, but for some reason, I just can't get excited about Norwegian. No idea why!

We're also searching for a cruise this Fall. Looking at an 8 day on the Carnival Conquest that includes St. Kitts, St. Thomas, San Juan & Grand Turk. It would be a different itinerary for us!

We might in the minority, but we really enjoy Carnival. We're also a young couple without kids, but we aren't huge partiers or drinkers either. We've always had a great experience with food, entertainment, guest service, etc. No complaints here :goodvibes

We also considered the Oasis & the Allure, but after doing a video tour on Youtube, we just aren't sure we'd enjoy ships that size! I know there is tons to do, but I like the feeling of actually being on a ship, being able to see the ocean, etc. Those megaships are beautiful, but almost too hotel-like for us.

We are considering an NCL ship as well, but for some reason, I just can't get excited about Norwegian. No idea why!
We love Carnival. Never too rowdy on the ones we've been on, except maybe the two day cruise to nowhere. We drink some. Not enough that I think we'll get our money's worth on the drink package. We liked the food better than on RCCL. I too think that Oasis would be too big and too many sea days. The NCL cruise worried us as feel like the costs will add up as we'd do all the surcharge places. And we're not big show goers so NCL having better shows is not important to us. I've also known two couples who have been on NCL and didn't like it. That plays in the back of my mind.

Wow - how did you get from the cheapest inside to an aft balcony :p? That's a nice category and I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice. I really loved St. Kitts. The people there were really genuine and the island isn't as developed as many but they do have a very nice port complex, which I don't think was very badly affected by the hurricanes. If you find yourself wanting a lovely, relaxing excursion check out the Sugar Train. :sail:

Yeah, funny that, right?? DH is usually el cheapo so I was booking an inside when he says 'you can book a balcony'. Bam, done. Our friends were booking the cruise too and they wanted a suite in this family harbor section so I went to book a balcony in the same family harbor section and they only had the aft extended view....which happened to be my fave cabin on the 10 cruises we've been on. We get access to a private lounge too. I can add DS-21 to our cabin, there is a bed for it, and it would only add $400.

Thanks, everyone, for your input. Very appreciated.

Yeah, funny that, right?? DH is usually el cheapo so I was booking an inside when he says 'you can book a balcony'. Bam, done. Our friends were booking the cruise too and they wanted a suite in this family harbor section so I went to book a balcony in the same family harbor section and they only had the aft extended view....which happened to be my fave cabin on the 10 cruises we've been on. We get access to a private lounge too. I can add DS-21 to our cabin, there is a bed for it, and it would only add $400.

Thanks, everyone, for your input. Very appreciated.
:laughing: I'm the opposite - I beg DH to settle for an inside because I'm the cheap one. I just feel like we can get a lot more "cruise" for the money. He always insists on a balcony though - last time he agreed to an inside he ended up asking me to call and upgrade the next day. Anyways - have a great trip and I do hope you like St. Kitts as much as I did! And FWIW, for years we only ever sailed during hurricane season because the rates were better. We never, ever once had a problem with the weather. :wave2:

:laughing: I'm the opposite - I beg DH to settle for an inside because I'm the cheap one. I just feel like we can get a lot more "cruise" for the money. He always insists on a balcony though - last time he agreed to an inside he ended up asking me to call and upgrade the next day. Anyways - have a great trip and I do hope you like St. Kitts as much as I did! And FWIW, for years we only ever sailed during hurricane season because the rates were better. We never, ever once had a problem with the weather. :wave2:
DH and I agree that we won't waste money on an oceanview. So it's either inside or balcony. And in the past I could only get a balcony if it was a great deal where it wasn't much more. This one was quite a bit more so I was shocked he told me to go for it. We've been looking at stuff on St Kitts and St Maarten. Looks very nice. DH has a gameplan already but I didn't pay attention to what it was. I think some water activity in St Kitts and foot touring in St Maarten???? I will check out the Sugar Train. And I love Grand Turk...DH not as much though we had three ships there when he went. I went with my mom once and we were only ship. That was nice. We are currently the only ship for this cruise too. Good. And we love San Juan too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter