Help me pick a hotel...

KateMW

DIS Veteran
4 of us, two adults, two kids. At trip, they will be 15 and 6. Club suite or two club rooms probably? Going mainly to experience SW:GE but also this will probably be our older daughter's last trip as a teen due to school commitments, my unwillingness to go in the summer or Spring Break, etc. It's our son's second trip, we took him alone for his 5th birthday.

Where should we stay? DH suggested Poly, as it's our fave and where we stayed as kids. We've done the Poly once with our daughter and then the Contemporary once with each kid.

Help! Give me an amazing hotel idea. ;) It's a surprise Christmas gift trip.

Well we stayed at AKL last June and the girls loved the place but the 18 year old nixed it for the next trip because of the 30 minute bus ride to MK. She had chosen the Poly for our next trip because of the monorail and Ohana.

Yeah we can't do a 30 minute bus ride. I'd lose my mind. My son LOVES the monorail, so we did Contemporary for his birthday. We went to the Poly a couple of times and he thought it was cool, though not sure it was WOW. But he will also probably get to go again since he's almost 10 years younger than his sister.

I agree---if SWGE is one of your main purposes of going, I would stay at BWI or BC/YC so that you are within walking distance of the park. Might be helpful being able to come and go easily in terms of crowds. Plus being over in that area being within walking distance of epcot is nice for dining options. If you think you will spend a considerable amount of time in the MK then I would consider a monorail resort.

Another vote for a Boardwalk hotel and though BC is our favorite I don't think club level there is worth the extra $ at all so I would suggest BWI if you want club level. Walking to Epcot and HS is priceless, imo.

I will second the idea that if SW:GE is your focus then one of the Epcot resorts would be optimal. We are partial to the Boardwalk but they are all nice resorts.

If this is your daughter's last trip and you enjoy the monorail area, I would consider GF. Do it up and book CL, main building. If you would rather be closer to SWGE, I agree with the PP's - consider the EP resort area - the resorts are beautiful and the Boardwalk is a lot of fun at night. BWI would be most convenient to walk to DHS (and EP as well).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts