Help me pick our anniversary dinner!

TIGGER1981

Mouseketeer
We’ll be there in 111 days...but who is counting?

It’s our first wedding anniversary trip and we’d like to do one nice dinner. We’re not necessarily super fancy folk...but if it’s worth it we’ll splurge!
For our honeymoon our pick was California Grill, and we had a perfect view and meal.

Sell me on some restaurants that you love.

How is Jiko or Sanaa? We’ve never been, menu looks great.

How about Narcoossee‘s or Artist Point?

There are so many to choose from...
This is tough.

What’s your favorite??

Thanks for any info!

We love Sanaa - the bread appetizer is so delicious. We have been wanting to try Jiko too - and will this summer. We love AKL - it just is so relaxing. California Grill was my next choice for the great view of the fireworks. Enjoy!

I've been to all these. My favorite of them is Artist Point, but it's currently unknown whether it will be open during that time period.

We went to Narcoossees for our anniversary last month. It was lovely and being able to walk out and watch HEA from the veranda was nice. They pipe there music in. They even asked if they should hold our food order for us if we were going out. As soon as we walked back in our food arrived.

If you remove Victoria and Alberts (nothing on property comes close) our favorites would be California Grill and Jiko. Totally different menus, but done extremely well. we have been to both multiple times and never had a bad meal at either one. We are going to both this fall again.
We have eaten at Citricos twice (our take, it was okay, nothing special and the decor lacking) and Narcoossees, much better than Citricos. Narcoossees was louder with more families and younger kids if that matters.

IMHO....
In terms of best food, Jiko. Romantic, more adult atmosphere here as well.
Best atmosphere, California Grill (assuming you time it correctly to watch HEA). Food is also terrific here.
Ooo another favorite is Morimoto in Disney Springs. I didn't realize this was considered a "signature restaurant." From a paying out of pocket perspective, I love this restaurant & think it's decent value.

Sanaa is an amazing meal and a fantastic restaurant, but if you were to choose the more "romantic" of the two, I would choose Jiko. Service is also elevated at Jiko over Sanaa, which would make any special occasion more "special."

Narcoosee's is fine, but the atmosphere didn't seem to special. Reminded me of many restaurants in numerous cities / towns in America that's on the water. (I was in Annapolis, MD this past weekend and I can name like five restaurants that are similar to Narcoosee's in atmosphere with better, and cheaper!, food.) The view of HEA isn't that great either, to be honest. The food is also not as good as CA Grill nor Jiko - by a lot. I had the surf & turf the last time I was here and was severely disappointed. The lobster was definitely Gulf lobster vs. Maine lobster and was not fresh. Perhaps they've changed it since then, but it wasn't worth $52. Looking at the menu, it still just mentions "lobster" so it makes me believe it's the same dish I experienced.

Looking at other signature restaurants in Disney, we've really wanted to try Citricos, as we've heard lots of great reviews. Same goes with Flying Fish. We also love Le Cellier, but it certainly is over hyped and if you're using the DDP I don't think it's worth two credits vs. Jiko, CA Grill, etc.

Another vote for Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I consider it to be the best table service in all of Disney plus if you eat early enough you can have a romantic incredible dinner there and then go animal watching at the hotel.

Thanks for all the suggestions and reviews everyone!!

I think Jiko is the winner this trip!

You all are the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter