Help me plan

flyingcat2003

DIS Veteran
We are planning a 10 day vacation to SoCal next summer. We plan to fly into LAX (cheaper) , rent a car and drive to San Diego. We plan to s po end 5 days in San Diego, visiting Sea World and the Zoo. We will then drive back to Anaheim to go to Disneyland . We would like to catch a baseball game while out there. What else it is must see? Where to stay in San Diego?

Who is in your travel party -- adults, kids, etc.?

Baseball: You have options to see who is playing at home, the Padres, the Angels, or even maybe the Dodgers.

San Diego: beach day, USS Midway, Balboa park museums, etc. Would possibly add Legoland if you had kids. As for where to stay it's pretty spread out. A lot of tourists stay in the Hotel Circle area but it's pretty dull there. I prefer a condo on Mission Bay or Mission Beach if you can get one for a similar price as a hotel. Or some people prefer the bigger towers downtown. Hotel Coronado will be $$$$.

PHXscuba

We just got back from San Diego. We somehow spent 8 hrs at the zoo and 7 hrs at the safari park. If you have the option, I would sign up for one of the behind the scenes tours at either one or both.

We missed Balboa Park this trip and I was bummed. There is so much to see there.

I'd recommend brunch at The Crown Room at the Hotel del Coronado. And then walk out of the hotel onto the beach!

Legoland was awesome. Maybe stay a night at the Legoland Castle hotel?

LaJolla is also nice to visit and has great beaches too.

We stayed at the Hilton San Diego on Mission Bay across from Sea World. Great hotel. We had a ground floor garden view room that was spacious and clean. It's right by I-5 and it's pretty much by itself so while it's not in the thick of things, it is a nice low-key spot.

Safe travels!

Has anybody stayed at The Dana on Mission Bay? I am looking for 6 nights dec 23rd to 29th. I have the Hilton booked but wondered

I've never stayed at the Dana but have walked the grounds and it is really nice. We were staying at the Hilton at the time, which we enjoyed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts