Help me prioritize my reservations please.....

hmcater

Mouseketeer
So we will be at DW from 10/20-10/28 and there will be 6 in our party. I know a couple of these are going to be harder to get, so I'm looking for some feedback of which order to reserve them. My ADR's I will be booking are:

50s Prime Time (dinner) (Day 1)
California Grill (dinner, hope to time it to see fireworks) (Day 3)
Artist Point Storybook dining (Day 8)
Magic Kingdom Dessert Party (Plaza Garden) (Day 7)
Le Cellier (dinner) (Day 8)
The Wave (dinner) (Day 4)
Be Our Guest (lunch) (Day 7)

CG, BOG, LC, AP, MKDP, 50s, Wave. I think. Though I am not sure how booking has been for the new AP character meal as I have not an interest in that (kids are all college age). But I'd do CG 1st to get the right time for fireworks...maybe an hour and a half before. Then I know BOG and Le Cellier are tough sometimes so I'd book them next. If that new AP is tough to get I'd do that ahead of BOG I guess. 50s and the Wave aren't tough to get so no hurries there. Dessert parties aren't too bad to get at non-holiday times so I wouldn't think that's a hurry either but I'd book before 50s and Wave. The 4 bolded will be your toughest and you wisely have them planned for the end of your trip so more availability will be there.

I would book CG first because it can be hard to get and you want a specific time for that.
AP next, it’s been very popular/ harder to get (you should be ok as you’re trying to go at the end of your trip).
BOG lunch next, then Le Cellier, then dessert party, then 50’s, then Wave.

You are not likely to have an issue getting LC, Wave, or 59’s especially toward the end of your trip. BOG may not have the specific time you want but will likely have openings as that is at the end of your trip. When I book at 180 days there is usually availability at all restaurants I want, but not necessarily at the times I want.

I would book CG first because it can be hard to get and you want a specific time for that.
AP next, it’s been very popular/ harder to get (you should be ok as you’re trying to go at the end of your trip).
BOG lunch next, then Le Cellier, then dessert party, then 50’s, then Wave.

You are not likely to have an issue getting LC, Wave, or 59’s especially toward the end of your trip. BOG may not have the specific time you want but will likely have openings as that is at the end of your trip. When I book at 180 days there is usually availability at all restaurants I want, but not necessarily at the times I want.

I totally agree with this order!

CG first because you want a specific time. Otherwise - I go in order of preference for your family. Which restaurant will make you happiest to get an ADR then go from there will a list of back ups just in case.

CG/AP first. The rest you will be fine

I booked AP Dinner at my 180 online at 6am (during a free dining period) about a week ago. Got my pick of times. Thought about slightly changing the time (30 minutes earlier) since I booked a later breakfast with no lunch that day. Went back in at 6pm....nothing available.

Sadly waited 5 days to book CG brunch too (didnt even know they had a brunch until I read something here 5 days after my 180), and nothing available. But...Im going during free dining. You may have better luck.

CG/AP first. The rest you will be fine

I booked AP Dinner at my 180 online at 6am (during a free dining period) about a week ago. Got my pick of times. Thought about slightly changing the time (30 minutes earlier) since I booked a later breakfast with no lunch that day. Went back in at 6pm....nothing available.

Sadly waited 5 days to book CG brunch too (didnt even know they had a brunch until I read something here 5 days after my 180), and nothing available. But...Im going during free dining. You may have better luck.
I have the CG brunch for my March trip. I saw it come up around Halloween and I grabbed it. It was for like 12:15 though(and we wanted a little earlier) so I went on the TP resie finder and put in for 11 and got it about a week later. So stalk the ADR resie system or try doing the TP resie finder (I also got an Ohana dinner this trip and have had great success with past trips).

so I went on the TP resie finder and put in for 11 and got it about a week later.

Can you let me know how this works? Do they just send you a text when something is available and you have to sprint to get online to book it? I never tried this because I assumed it worked that way and I am rarely available during the week to get online...or at least onto a Disney website! I work all day and am at sporting events almost every night.

Can you let me know how this works? Do they just send you a text when something is available and you have to sprint to get online to book it? I never tried this because I assumed it worked that way and I am rarely available during the week to get online...or at least onto a Disney website! I work all day and am at sporting events almost every night.

Yes, you make a free account and can put in two requests at a time, and they will text or email you when one pops up. You can go on the app as well, so if you are have phone handy while watching sports or on a break, and get an alert, you go on and sometimes it's gone quickly, but other times it may still be available. Could also be alerted on the weekend when you might be more able to respond. If you don't get it , you just restart your search, and try again, so nothing to lose!

OP - just an FYI if you don't get CG at later time for fireworks, can eat earlier and will get a pass to come back up to view them later. But agree to book it first, followed by AP, BOG, and LC.

They will send you a text and in the text you can click right on a link that will take you right to the reservation page, it works very well. I got a couple hard to get reservations for our trip this past August.

50s Prime Time (dinner) (Day 1)
California Grill (dinner, hope to time it to see fireworks) (Day 3)
Artist Point Storybook dining (Day 8)
Magic Kingdom Dessert Party (Plaza Garden) (Day 7)
Le Cellier (dinner) (Day 8)
The Wave (dinner) (Day 4)
Be Our Guest (lunch) (Day 7)

CG for certain book first - right at 6am. If your not staying on property the i would try to put it later in the trip. Even if you can't get a fireworks time then you can go back to watch. Plus during your travel dates there will be the MNSSHP going on so fireworks might be at a different time, if the party is going on that night. I ran into that this past Nov when booking CG for 6pm but fireworks weren't until 10pm.
BOG would probably be #2 to book.
The dessert party sometimes are not released at the same time as the typical ADR, so you might have to keep checking on that one.
Story book dining is rather new so it might be good to put in for #3

I also suggest being flexible, depending upon your party make up you might need to have dinner earlier or later in order to get a reservation. Don't just be set on dinner at 6pm, when it isn't available you might be able to get 4pm instead.

Also, if you can't get what you want either because a time slot is not available or nothing is available then use the touring plans reservation finder. It does work, but if it is for a hot reservation such as CG then you need to jump on it as soon as you are notified. Good ole fashioned stalking works too, but that can sometimes drive you nuts constantly checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter