Help me round out my ADRs, please!

catfan98

DIS Veteran
Hey all! We have a trip planned for December for the week before Christmas, it will be our 3rd trip to Disney and our 1st Christmas time trip! We have a list of the restaurants we know we want to eat at, but we need help with a couple more. We like to eat breakfast, grab a snack during the day, and then eat dinner. We are a group of 4 - me, my husband, our daughter (22 at trip) and our son (15 at trip).

The ones we currently have on our list are:

Arrival day Disney Springs
EP day - Garden Grill (breakfast)
MK day - 1900 Park Fare (breakfast), Ohana (dinner - MK should close early this day for a party so heading out about 4:30ish)
AK day - Boma (breakfast - our favorite!)
Leisure day/MVMCP - Beaches & Cream (late lunch), snacks or QS for dinner
HS day - sleep in and late QS breakfast, Sci-Fi (dinner)
Free day - still hashing out plans for this day - the kids are wanting to go to US
Departure Day

On our AK day for dinner, I am going between Tusker House, or Yak & Yeti. We usually go to Rainforest Cafe, but we are wanting to switch it up this year.

On our Epcot day...I am kind of stuck. I want Biergarten but the kids say nah. So...back to the drawing board. I am thinking about Rose & Crown. Opinions on that? Or elsewhere?

And, on our arrival day we are heading to Disney Springs for the afternoon/evening. This will be our 1st time to DS and I have no idea where to eat. Homecomin', the Boathouse, Raglan Road?? Idk!

Thoughts and opinions are welcome/appreciated!

Hey all! We have a trip planned for December for the week before Christmas, it will be our 3rd trip to Disney and our 1st Christmas time trip! We have a list of the restaurants we know we want to eat at, but we need help with a couple more. We like to eat breakfast, grab a snack during the day, and then eat dinner. We are a group of 4 - me, my husband, our daughter (22 at trip) and our son (15 at trip).

The ones we currently have on our list are:

Arrival day Disney Springs
EP day - Garden Grill (breakfast)
MK day - 1900 Park Fare (breakfast), Ohana (dinner - MK should close early this day for a party so heading out about 4:30ish)
AK day - Boma (breakfast - our favorite!)
Free day - still hashing out plans for this day - the kids are wanting to go to US
Departure Day

On our AK day for dinner, I am going between Tusker House, or Yak & Yeti. We usually go to Rainforest Cafe, but we are wanting to switch it up this year.

On our Epcot day...I am kind of stuck. I want Biergarten but the kids say nah. So...back to the drawing board. I am thinking about Rose & Crown. Opinions on that? Or elsewhere?

And, on our arrival day we are heading to Disney Springs for the afternoon/evening. This will be our 1st time to DS and I have no idea where to eat. Homecomin', the Boathouse, Raglan Road?? Idk!

Thoughts and opinions are welcome/appreciated!

For AK dinner, I vote for Tusker House. I like Y&Y, but TH is, IMHO, the best character buffet on property. Great food, fun characters. I know your kids are older but even my DS10 still gets a kick out of one character meal per trip.

At EP, we love Spice Road Table. Great food, great service, nice atmosphere. There is no entertainment, like you'd find at Biergarten, but I think they have some of the best TS food in EP. R&C is good, too, if you like British food!

Raglan Road is a lot of fun, but I, personally wouldn't do Raglan Road and R&C. We love the Boathouse! Great food, casual atmosphere!

Why not do Beaches & Cream on your EP day and something closer to MK on your leisure day - like Whispering Canyon or The Wave?

We love Raglan Road. It's our arrival night ADR for our trip in April.

Those are good thoughts.
I think we want to stay at Epcot for dinner...there are just so many choices! It's hard to choose, lol.
My thought process for B&C on our MVMCP day was since we are staying at Boardwalk, we are right at B&C and we could then catch a bus to MK at either BC or BW. But...now, idk. I really want to see WL decked out for the holidays, but we ate at WCC on our last trip and the kids didn't love it. They said it was ok, but not their fave.
I need to look a the Wave's menu!

Thank you for the input!

For AK dinner, I vote for Tusker House. I like Y&Y, but TH is, IMHO, the best character buffet on property. Great food, fun characters. I know your kids are older but even my DS10 still gets a kick out of one character meal per trip.

At EP, we love Spice Road Table. Great food, great service, nice atmosphere. There is no entertainment, like you'd find at Biergarten, but I think they have some of the best TS food in EP. R&C is good, too, if you like British food!

Raglan Road is a lot of fun, but I, personally wouldn't do Raglan Road and R&C. We love the Boathouse! Great food, casual atmosphere!

Oh, they still love the character meals! We did Cape May breakfast and Ohana breakfast last time for the characters. They like that better than standing in line to meet them - food + characters is a win win for them, lol.
For some reason, my son is obsessed with all things British at the moment, hence why I was looking at that one.
I will have to look at Spice Road Table's menu.

Thank you!

Arrival day Disney Springs So many new great options! I've heard great things about Polite Pig if you're looking for CS. Our favorite old stand-by is Wolfgang Puck Express, always a delicious meal and glass of wine in a lovely setting at CS prices. Morimoto is so beautiful and I'd love to try that TS location.
EP day - Garden Grill (breakfast) La Hacienda and Tokyo Dining would be relatively easy to book. They both have potential for fireworks views (if you get the right seat) and excellent food and service. It would be nice to have a plated meal experience for dinner since breakfast is family-style. Rose and Crown was just kinda 'eh' for us, we have no need to return anytime soon unless someone else is paying!
MK day - 1900 Park Fare (breakfast), Ohana (dinner - MK should close early this day for a party so heading out about 4:30ish)I love both of these!
AK day - Boma (breakfast - our favorite!) If you're willing to go back to AKL for dinner, Sanaa is fantastic. It is on my all-time favorites list. If you want to stay in AK, I've got nothin': the CS is too good at AK and I've never had anything else. Tusker House and Satu'li Canteen are phenomenal CS locations.
Leisure day/MVMCP - Beaches & Cream (late lunch), snacks or QS for dinner Pecos Bill's or Columbia Harbor House are our favorites, CHH has a (usually) wonderfully quiet upstairs dining area if you are looking to escape the crowds
HS day - sleep in and late QS breakfast, Sci-Fi (dinner) If you can swing it, I'd go to Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast before going into DHS or have a QS breakfast at your resort. There is not one CS location that I like at DHS.
Departure Day We like to end with a character breakfast, 'Ohana and Cape May Cafe are our favorites

We typically stick to things we cant find at home. For AK, I would go with Tusker House and try to get the ROL package. The nighttime show is amazing. I also suggest, if you do this, to book a 9:45 FP for the Safari. Its super cool doing it in the dark. The lions are WIDE awake!!

For EPCOT, if you dont have a German restaurant near you, I would definitely do this. Yes, there are foreign things to eat, but its a buffet and they have quite normal options too. The polka is pretty cool, if only to experience just once. Not something Id go to every night, but I dont want to be at Disney doing something I would do every night at home. Its also a great opportunity to meet fellow Disney lovers from anywhere in the world. If your Epcot day isnt close to the beginning of your trip, you'll find it wonderful to have small talk with someone outside of your family after a week! We met a family from Indiana (We are from MA) Coincidentally both men/husbands/fathers were in the same line of work. Not often its my husband doing all the talking! I had a great time listening to the conversation, eating, listening to the music, watching the dancing etc...

For DS, I loved Bongos. Again, I cant get Cuban at home, but they have very normal options too. The atmosphere is energizing, great to start your Disney vacation!

I haven't been to Yak & Yeti in a few years, but the food was great. Tusker House food was SO good last time we went, plus characters!

Epcot- my favorites are Spice Road Table (great firework views and food is so good), and Via Napoli (great pizza!)

Disney Springs- D-Luxe Burger is one of our favorites. I think we've gone in each of our past 3-4 trips. For a sit down, Paddlefish was really good, and the decor is fantastic. Much better than Fultons. Raglan road was okay, but I think there are better options (to me).

Have fun!

What about Trails End Buffet at Fort Wilderness, a short ride from Magic Kingdom by boat?

We liked Trails' End too, and was going to add it to my post above.

Those are good thoughts.
I think we want to stay at Epcot for dinner...there are just so many choices! It's hard to choose, lol.
My thought process for B&C on our MVMCP day was since we are staying at Boardwalk, we are right at B&C and we could then catch a bus to MK at either BC or BW. But...now, idk. I really want to see WL decked out for the holidays, but we ate at WCC on our last trip and the kids didn't love it. They said it was ok, but not their fave.
I need to look a the Wave's menu!

Thank you for the input!

Ah, sorry. Missed that you were staying at BW. You're right - SO many good places to eat in Epcot. Good luck!! We're trying Spice Road in April and I'll report back, if you're interested! :)

It looks good so far.
Ak - we really like Yak and Yeti, have not been to Tusker House for several years. Any interest in Tiffins? A little more upscale, but really good. Lunch Satu'li is hard to beat.
EPCOT - Via Napoli if you want pizza. Tutto Italia is good for more general food. Chef du France is anotehr good option. You can be safe or adventurous there.
DS - Polite Pig was really good. Love Raglan Road, but be sure you are there when the band and dancers are performing. So fun.

We love Yak & Yeti. I would go for it.
There are so many wonderful restaurants in WS I have trouble fitting them in ROSE & Crown is good, not great. I really like Spice Road Table in Morocco. We also
Ike Via Napoli
Have Fun

Yak & Yeti at AK
So many choices in and around EPCOT... R&C is tasty, we like Teppan Edo and Tutto Italia.
Morimoto Asia, Raglan Road, even Splittsville are all good at DS.

I would pick Tusker House at AK, Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs, and Rose and Crown at EPCOT as long as the kids are on board with it. Watching IllumiNations from the patio is amazing.

I like Yak & Yeti over Tusker House (eaten at both several times). For your Epcot day I love Rose & Crown (we eat there every trip) but make your ADR for after 1900 hours so you can enjoy Illuminations. For Disney Springs I am just a sucker for that music and the atmosphere at Raglan.

Arrival day Disney Springs -- if you want TS, Homecoming is my vote. Raglan Road is a good option too. For QS, Wolfgang Puck Express is our go-to but we were pleased with D-Luxe Burger last trip.
EP day - Garden Grill (breakfast) -- for dinner, I suggest Via Napoli. Kids generally can't go wrong with pizza! Rose & Crown is meh for us... it was good, but nothing particularly memorable or special about it.
AK day - Boma (breakfast - our favorite!) -- for dinner, I love Tusker House but I would go with Yak & Yeti. We normally do pre-park opening breakfast at Tusker House but last trip we did a lunch and it was a madhouse. I think we will stick to TH breakfast going forward.
Departure Day

For AK dinner, I vote for Tusker House. I like Y&Y, but TH is, IMHO, the best character buffet on property....

We went to Tusker House last year for dinner and absolutely loved it! It is similar to Boma, but in my opinion has fewer options. Also, for a character meal, it was not especially boisterous, which is an added plus!

Last week we enjoyed Spice Road Table for Illuminations on our first day (got the best table, probably). We also enjoyed lunch at Rose and Crown on our last day. Of the two, I probably liked R&C better. SRT was good, but B&C just made me very happy. The Bangers and Mash were great, and just like I remember having in the UK, and they are definitely not available where I live. My wife said her salmon was also amazing. Plus I'm a bit of a beer snob and really enjoy a good UK pub style real ale (Boddingtons). My wife is a bit of a tea snob and really appreciates any place that know the proper way to serve tea (very hard to find in the US). For us, that R&C lunch just before going to the airport was sort of a last minute decision and I am really glad we went there. Also really glad we stopped at Les Halles bakery next door in France for dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!