Help me sell this...

averysmom

DIS Veteran
School holidays at Christmas are funny this year (late), and we get the whole week off after New Years. WDW at Christmas is our bucket list, so we're going! We arrive on the 31st at noon, and leave on the 6th. We're booked in at rack rate b/c there are no discounts over Christmas. $5100 at a mod, 7 days tics, and dining plan.

I just logged in to make my payment and noticed that there is a discount starting on the 1st, so I plug in my dates starting then- $3500 So even with a room only for the 31st, plus food costs for the day, I figure we'll save $1000 (which is $1400 cdn)

For me, I'd be willing to give up a night in the parks (we'd get there by 2-3 o'clock) to save $1400, but dh was looking forward to NYE in Epcot. What else could we do that night to make it special? I haven't told him yet, but I would need to sell it, Kwim?

Also, I've made my dining/ fast pass arrangements already- does anyone know would I lose them and have to start from scratch, or are they transferred?

Make your new reservations before cancelling your old one. Your dining ADR isn't linked to your resort confirmation so those will be fine. FP+ will transfer over since you have the new reservation attached to your account. You can pick up your tickets from the package portion of your reservation on the 31st so going to Epcot can still be done.

Like PP said, you can use your tickets early. We did this with my brother earlier this year. The tickets are on the magic bands, but you have to go to guest relations outside the park before being able to use them. They just activate them to use that day and off you go. I would do that in a heart beat to save that much money! Have fun!

What everybody else said! Plus if you need an extra day you can add it to your tickets for very little.

Agree we book room only with different tickets all the time, no package.

Are you saying you are still arriving on the 31st but thinking of reducing your tickets from 7 to 6 days to save money?? I think you are only saving about $15 a ticket .... so worth buying 7 for NYE.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/#

As others have said, Im pretty sure you can activate your package tickets a day early and still go to the parks on the 31st.

Do you really want to be in Epcot on NYE? Been there, done that, never again. Crowded, not able to get on attractions, see shows or eat. If so, good luck.

Tell DH he will be at Epcot on New Years eve with 12 million of his closest friends that is if he can get in since you will be arriving late in the day. Plan to take the bus to the park as the parking lot may already be full. Plan a lot of extra time to travel to and from the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter