• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~Help My Decide Tusker Or Boma For Breakfast~

joenan88

DIS Veteran
I am very torn between these 2 restaurants...I am staying at the CR..can I get some feedback about these restaurants, travel times..and experiences? I am on the deluxe meal plan..I will list below what ADR's I have already.
08/15
The Wave for lunch
HoopDee Doo Review for dinner

08/16-son's 8th birthday
Whispering Canyon for breakfast
CRT for dinner

08/17
Chef Mickey's for breakfast
Teppan Edo's for dinner

08/18
O'Hana's for breakfast
Sci-Fi for lunch
Brown Derby for a late dinner

08/19
Boma or Tusker for breakfast?????????
1900 Park review for dinner

08/20 leave for Universal ;)

I vote for Tusker House. I know my kids would prefer it over Boma. But if it BF for you since you already have character meals I vote Boma. I LOVE their BF's. Either way both are good food. You can't go wrong. Thanks again for the ADR!!!!

I vote Tusker! We went there in January and STILL crave it every day! It has great food, great service and fun atmosphere!
Little hint is to run down to the safari ride, grab fast passes, then go eat, come out of breakfast and get on the ride! They are almost next door to each other!

I vote for Tusker House. I know my kids would prefer it over Boma. But if it BF for you since you already have character meals I vote Boma. I LOVE their BF's. Either way both are good food. You can't go wrong. Thanks again for the ADR!!!!

You are welcome :thumbsup2 ..and I will probably have more to give you...I am trying to change some ADR's around...I booked my ADR's 180+ days out 02/17..but now I am second guessing Tusker since I have so many character meals..Hmmm what to do...:confused:

I vote Tusker. We loved it there and then you won'thave to travel from a resort to a park as you will already be in one! I am a little biased as Tusker was one of my favorite breakfast places!

You are welcome :thumbsup2 ..and I will probably have more to give you...I am trying to change some ADR's around...I booked my ADR's 180+ days out 02/17..but now I am second guessing Tusker since I have so many character meals..Hmmm what to do...:confused:

They both are very good. I don't think you will be disappointed at either!!!
That is how I usually am with the 180+. It's just this trip was such short notice. I would love to take whatever you don't need. I am still having terrible time. Everything we are able to get is at either 7 am or 8 or 9pm not good with babies. So again Thank you so much.

Can anyone give more details to way Tusker is so great?..How does it compare to O'Hana's or Chef Mickey's for breakfast?? I am curious because I have all three breakfasts booked and I didn't want the same thing every morning..I am eager to hear if they are different..I know O'Hana's is family style (I have been there) and Chef Mickey's is buffet (trying it for the 1st time). Thanks so much! ;)

I vote Boma but I have never tried Tusker House. If you want to see a ton of pics from Boma look in my April link

i have never been to either, but i will be going to Tusker House soon for breakfast.

i hear that Tusker house has an atmosphere of an african bustling market, whereas Boma is more relax resturant feel to it. to me it would be Tusker House get an early ADr before AK is open, enjoy the foods and characters. your 8 yr old will love it.

all the charctor meals seem v. different to me.

chef mickeys, is your nosiy place, with all the little kids running around, where everyone goes for there traditional first days or last day meal

Ohana Brekafast have a v. polynesian feel to it as it should have, with a crazy stitch runnig around the place casuing chaos

all three will be very different to you!!!!

happy dining!!

I would probably vote Tusker. I think it also depends on what time you would be going to Boma and where you are staying. Transpotation to the AKL may be an issue if it is too early. You may need to take a taxi unless you have a car.

Little hint is to run down to the safari ride, grab fast passes, then go eat, come out of breakfast and get on the ride! They are almost next door to each other!

good idea, i'll get of the boys to do that while were eating breakfast as our ADR at 8:15am the fastpass machine wont open til 9am will they???

also who are the characters at tusker? donald, daisy...

and is tusker where they do the special juice? or is that somewhere else?

sorry for hijacking your thread :rolleyes1

I've never been to BOMA, but I really enjoyed BF at Tusker. In fact, I'd go back in a heartbeat. The food was great, good choices of fruit, meats, and wonderful biscuits and gravy. The atmosphere is also great, as a PP said, a bustling African marketplace of sorts. The characters were Mickey, Goofy, Daisy, and Donald all decked out in their safari gear. This is the place where the special juice is served (but can't remember the name! Jamba juice maybe?). I originally wanted to do a character BF at Chef Mickey's, but I'm so glad we went here instead. Plus, you can literally walk to the safari in less than a minute and it was a walk on for us because we finished breakfast right at park opening. Also, they do a family picture before you go in that you're able to purchase. I wasn't aware of that when I booked so it was a very nice surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter