Help - my Social Security number is going to be blocked!

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
The phone number shows up as (800) 177-2327.

In case we did not hear from you your social will be blocked permanently.
To connect with the officer press 1 now and you will be automatically be connected with the concern departments.
We did not receive any input.
Dear citizen,
In order to speak with Social Security personal regarding your Social Security, press 1 and this automated system will connect you to the officials.
Press 1 now to connect.

I must be in some serious trouble now.........

My brother just got a similar call and for the heck of it called the 800 # they had available. Surprise, surprise, a gentleman on the other end answered in a very thick accent and said yes sir we can help you when you just give us your SS number, Yeah right!! :rolleyes:

Surprisingly (!) DH's social security # got blocked also, although I don't know what it means to be "blocked". All I know is that I do income taxes and we have to constantly alert our clients to scams-no one from the IRS or regarding your social security will ever call, they'll send you a letter. And fortunately, DH has't yet had any problems now that he has a blocked social security number (I assume he has one, since he hasn't answered their messages). Whew!

I am always amazed at the calls we get from viewers wanting us to almost break into programming and alert people to these scams that not only are clearly scams, but have been around for a long time. I've gotten the recorded Social Security locking call, the Ann from student loans, the Microsoft security call, the Apple call.
My favorite are the REAL people with heavy accents calling "from my natural gas company". They just don't comprehend when I tell them that I live in an all electric home and don't have a natural gas company. "yes sir, we ARE your natural gas company".

Indian scammers in “ taxes” Texas lol I normally call them back until they change their number .. if they want to waste my time I waste theirs . They got so mad last time they finally just said “ just give us money !! “ with many curse words .

You sound just like my DH. He will always call back and waste their time. He can detect accents very well (I wouldn't know Indian from Pakistani) and makes sure to upset them about cricket. :confused3 He made one guy really mad about it. His personal favorite is getting them to repeat his "name," Heywood <edited>. :rolleyes2

Yep, I married a real gem. :rotfl2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got that one yesterday. I needed a break from the project I was working on, so I hit 1 and when the guy answered, I said “go ahead, tell me the story, this should be good.”

He hung up for some reason. :rotfl2:

I used to love playing along. Anyone remember the “toner Pirates”? Now I’m really showing my age!

When you would lease a copy machine they would get your info and call saying you had to buy cases of toner for exorbitant prices from them since they were the “official supplier”.

I went ahead and ordered a case, and if I ordered two he’d throw in a fancy CD player! What the heck...ship ‘em brother!

When they called to collect the long overdue bill I just laughed and asked them how it felt to be ripped off. They were scammers and no way would they report anything through legal channels so after I was called a few choice words he just hung up, never to be heard from again.

My brother just got a similar call and for the heck of it called the 800 # they had available. Surprise, surprise, a gentleman on the other end answered in a very thick accent and said yes sir we can help you when you just give us your SS number, Yeah right!! :rolleyes:
You can literally give them ANY name and social and they will “ find your file “ .. every time ! Lol

You should of called, in fact today is my lucky day, Mr Chin, just contacted me, he is an Asian Billionaire, And some bag guys are trying to get his money, and all I have to do is send him my bank accpount info, and he will put in 3 billion dollars for 24 hours, then remove it, and leave me a million for helping this good man out

Apparently I have multiple federal warrants for my arrest according to the IRS calls I keep getting. Let's just say if this were true my employer would have let me know by now! The unfortunate thing is that people fall for these scams.

Apparently I have multiple federal warrants for my arrest according to the IRS calls I keep getting. Let's just say if this were true my employer would have let me know by now! The unfortunate thing is that people fall for these scams.
Is the sheriff coming with a legal arrest warrant to your name?

If I don't call this number with my social security number (and other information) they will have to proceed with the warrant and get me arrested.

I've gotten the SS# being block before too.

Ok maybe this is a spin off but immensely more terrifying! MY NETFLIX ACCOUNT IS GOING TO BE SUSPENDED!! Apparently I need to click on the link to verify my payment information. Oh wait... I logged into the actual website, checked out my account and surprisingly all is well. I hate people...>:(

Ok maybe this is a spin off but immensely more terrifying! MY NETFLIX ACCOUNT IS GOING TO BE SUSPENDED!! Apparently I need to click on the link to verify my payment information. Oh wait... I logged into the actual website, checked out my account and surprisingly all is well. I hate people...>:(
This would be the worst for me too!:earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!