Help - my Social Security number is going to be blocked!

Last week I got 6 of the social security number was being blocked calls in an 8 hour period. Each time I blocked the number and would get a call from a different one. If I hadn't been busy that day I would have played along. I just get so tired of these stupid scams

We’ve gotten the call that there was a warrant out for our arrest for whatever reason, I honestly can’t remember. I’ll admit, the first time I listened to the message my heart skipped a beat until I realized it was a scam. When my kids were 3 or 4 years old, one of these messages was left on our answering machine. I happened to listen to the messages with my kids nearby so they heard it. They got so scared that police were going to arrest mommy and take me away. I think it truly took a few years for them to really understand what that was all about. What has always been annoying, and sometimes funny, to me was very scary to them.

We’ve gotten the call that there was a warrant out for our arrest for whatever reason, I honestly can’t remember. I’ll admit, the first time I listened to the message my heart skipped a beat until I realized it was a scam. When my kids were 3 or 4 years old, one of these messages was left on our answering machine. I happened to listen to the messages with my kids nearby so they heard it. They got so scared that police were going to arrest mommy and take me away. I think it truly took a few years for them to really understand what that was all about. What has always been annoying, and sometimes funny, to me was very scary to them.
I’ve seen photos of a raid made on one of these scam call centers in India. Many were trying to cover their faces. Is schadenfreude wrong?

But some of the ringleaders are now sentenced to federal prison.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ll-center-scam-in-us/articleshow/65078220.cms

Recent calls are WITHOUT A DISCERNIBLE ACCENT beginning with---- Hello John, my name is ......., how are you doing today?

If I answer the phone and it's a recording of any kind (and you can tell within the first word) I just hang up.

Hi, this is Ann, we have been granted great healthcare policies in your area, press 1 to connect to our representative in your area, Me: press 1, Hi, how can I help you? Me: When does the law go into effect that you can't scam local numbers? CLICK!

Please don't hang up, you are not listed on google, your customers may not be able to find you. press 1 now. Me: Press 1, Hi, how may we help you, Me: Would it help if I WANTED to be listed on google? I don't give a D****** if I'm not listed on google.... CLICK..

I'm waiting for the one wanting gift cards, I have about 3 used up google music cards and a couple of used up Amazon cards I want to give them, I would keep changing the numbers around every time they told me that wasn't going through.

I got a good one in the mail the other day. I received a very real looking IRS check for $179 made out to % XXXX XXXXXX. with my first name miss[pelled by one letter. At first I assumed that it was a tax refund check for my mother's estate (I am the C/O and that sometimes appears as %). But, of course, Mom owed taxes so there is no refund expected.

I gogled it and there is an IRS check scam going around https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/scam-a...-calls-to-return-money-to-a-collection-agency

https://go.hfcu.org/blog/tax-scam

I get calls all the time from Dell Computer, though I have no Dell computer. But they never believe me, and try to convince me that I do, and it has been compromised.

Someone I know recently got a live call, but scripted dialog. They asked how she was, and her reply was that she hasn’t been feeling well lately, was up all night, etc, and their reply was “I am very glad to hear that”.

If people put half as much effort into legitimately bettering their life or working as they do into creating these scams, imagine what a beautiful world it would be.
Honestly I feel kind of sorry for some of the scam callers. Just a little bit. But not for the higher ups who are often based in the US and collect the money or credits.

I've even heard that some of the scam callers are under the impression that they're authorized to act on behalf of the IRS or some other agency and they're outsourcing work to India or Pakistan to save money. To them the Americanized name is just part of the deal, just like working for a tech support call center. However, quite a few scam callers have been strung along by prank callers who obtained their return numbers, and after a while they would admit that they knew it was a scam.

Today I got the "we want to make all your Visa/Mastercard credit cards zero percent!!" phone calls. About 35 of them over the course of 15 minutes, all from different numbers. Apparently they didn't like the rejection message I set up (I don't owe the IRS or JEA; you don't have access to my credit cards; I know where all my family members are; and you aren't from Microsoft, so scammers go (bleep) yourself.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter